A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:00:27 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall 2013 TV New shows: Thoughts?  (Read 34255 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 01:23:22 pm »

Yeah, but the prerequisites to get HBO now are like $90, whereas basic cable is $14.

The package is actually $40-$50 depending on location for the first year and goes up to $70 the next year. You get HBO, Internet and 45 cable and local channels.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 01:52:31 pm »

Sleepy Hollow was kind of interesting.  Have seen most of a couple episodes.  I think they are gonna run out of story in about 10 episodes. 

But then again, MASH took what "should" have been about 15 episodes and went for a long time....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 03:04:23 pm »

Sleepy Hollow was kind of interesting.  Have seen most of a couple episodes.  I think they are gonna run out of story in about 10 episodes. 

I noticed they upped the cleavage factor on the female lead after the pilot.  The heels seem a bit out of the ordinary for the kind of work TV tells me she does too.

I enjoy the show.  They need to ditch the wife in purgatory.  Seems unnecessary. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 11:20:10 am »

I noticed they upped the cleavage factor on the female lead after the pilot.  The heels seem a bit out of the ordinary for the kind of work TV tells me she does too.

I enjoy the show.  They need to ditch the wife in purgatory.  Seems unnecessary. 

I think they have to keep her just to drag it out a while longer.  Watched last night and enjoyed it.  As soon as Crane is "disconnected" from Death - like, now - they are on the backside of building it up.  And last night seemed to take a very long time to develop.  I did like the new guy - he was in Fringe a couple years ago.  How did he find the Mason's hideout?  He "saw" it, but only very casually implied he knew where it was....

Suspension of disbelief can be difficult at times.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 11:32:43 am »

Suspension of disbelief can be difficult at times.

This show is better than I initially thought it would be, but not as good now I think it can be.  The clarity of writing is going to have to improve or they won't hold the audience.  Si-Fi and Fantasy audiences will accept a wild premise, but once that premise is established the rest of the plot has to hold to that line.  So far it seems like the writers have decent ideas, but can't figure out how to provide enough depth to keep the narrative clean.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 11:35:57 am »

This show is better than I initially thought it would be, but not as good now I think it can be.  The clarity of writing is going to have to improve or they won't hold the audience.  Si-Fi and Fantasy audiences will accept a wild premise, but once that premise is established the rest of the plot has to hold to that line.  So far it seems like the writers have decent ideas, but can't figure out how to provide enough depth to keep the narrative clean.

The lead guy's accent helps hold attention...if he were just a regular 'Merican, it probably wouldn't work as well....

I enjoy the show so far and hope they can keep it going for a while.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 01:16:08 pm »

I saw about two minutes of "The Millers" yesterday...wow is it terrible. How can they turn Margo Martindale who was so compelling on Justified into such a terrible actress. Also see Will Arnet keeping his eye on the emergency exit.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 10:18:15 pm »

I know this technically isn't Fall 2013, but since the premium stations pretty much do what they want as far as new shows go..

Has anyone watched the first five episodes of "True Detective"?

This might be the best show I've seen on HBO.  And maybe on TV period.

http://darknessbecomesyou.com

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 01:12:46 pm »

I know this technically isn't Fall 2013, but since the premium stations pretty much do what they want as far as new shows go..

I have watched three so far. And I still can't tell where this is going. I'm just about to give up.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 01:18:34 pm »

I have watched three so far. And I still can't tell where this is going. I'm just about to give up.

You need to watch four then, as it starts to get interesting.

It's probably the smartest police drama I've ever seen.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 01:25:32 pm »

Yes.  This show has me on the edge of my seat.  Last night's episode was great.  Just when you think you have a grasp on what is going on, "Blam!", the writers throw you a curve.  I can't wait to see what direction the show goes in for episode 6.  I really hate that it is only going to be 8 episodes total, though.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 01:29:37 pm »

Yes.  This show has me on the edge of my seat.  Last night's episode was great.  Just when you think you have a grasp on what is going on, "Blam!", the writers throw you a curve.  I can't wait to see what direction the show goes in for episode 6.  I really hate that it is only going to be 8 episodes total, though.

8 episodes with these two actors.  There will be a second season, but not with McConaughey and Harrelson.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 01:32:59 pm »

8 episodes with these two actors.  There will be a second season, but not with McConaughey and Harrelson.

Aren't both of them Executive Producers?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 01:37:39 pm »

Aren't both of them Executive Producers?

Yep.  That doesn't mean they have to act in them, though...

Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:51 pm »

True Detective is one of the few shows I make sure I DVR...Great acting, interesting story line...

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org