A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:10:02 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leon's  (Read 13972 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 09:17:20 am »

Update from Leon's

After my email and 3 facebook messages I got a "thank you for your feedback" on Facebook.

Problem solved.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 12:22:21 pm »

Problem solved.

For me, how your management deals with problems is every bit or more important than the food and service.

Big problem but handled well? I'll come back.
Small problem handled poorly? Nope.
davideinstein
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 02:24:45 pm »

EZ tomatoes
XTRA hot peppers
Add bacon

Came with none of the above.
They pedaled a new one over here, so we're good.

Awful.

Call up to the store next time your hungry and I'll comp your meal.
TheAnsonia
Citizen

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 11:38:00 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Brookside
Date/Time of Visit: Sunday 1pm
Quality of Food (1-5): 3.5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 5
Quality of Service (1-5): 2
Atmosphere (1-5): 2
Overall Rating (1-5): 3
Price ($-$$$$$):$$

What makes this restaurant unique: Nice sports bar with Direct TV.

Tell us about your experience: On Sundays, we make the trek to one of the locations around town with Direct TV so that my husband and I can simultaneously watch our respective NFL teams and perhaps meet some friends who wish to do the same. Not many local joints have this option. Leon's is one of them, so we decided to give it a try this week. We hadn't been there in awhile because the last time we went there for Sunday brunch, it was lackluster at best. We decided to give it another try after hearing they had brought in the chef from The Alley.

When we first walked in, we immediately requested to sit near two TVs showing our games. One was being shown locally, so we (wrongly) assumed it would be on the majority of TVs. The other team, we generally have to request unless we go to a Buffalo Wild Wings kind of place. Not a big deal since there were multitudes of TVs in the bar and dining area. No one in the dining area appeared to be paying attention to the games, so we requested a spot in which we could see two TVs and asked that one be changed as we were expecting a large group to join us for that game. The employee politely informed us that many of the TVs were on the same box, so they couldn't change that particular one. We then requested to sit near a TV that could be changed. ....ten to fifteen minutes later, we were able to get a table across the room from the TV they had changed for us.

We advised the rest of the group coming of the situation, and they opted not to join us. It is confounding to me why a restaurant/bar would spend the money to get NFL Sunday Ticket then not use it to their advantage. It can be a huge draw when used correctly. After we had been there thirty minutes, there were no less than ten people trying to watch the same small TV in the dining room to see one of the more local NFL teams.

That being said, our food was good. We had The Ribbon, the new breakfast sandwich on the brunch menu. Very tasty and inventive - goat cheese, ham, and fried egg on French Toast with a side of maple syrup. We also had our standard club with buffalo fries, which was very good. Our server was decent overall. Nothing special. Perhaps we will return once the NFL season is over to enjoy brunch and lunch.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »

Watched football at Leon's Saturday evening.  One of the gentleman in our party ordered nachos.  They were delivered with ranch dressing in lieu of cheese.  No cheese to be found in the entire bowl, but lots and lots of ranch.  He sent them back with no request for a corrected order.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 02:30:58 pm »

Watched football at Leon's Saturday evening.  One of the gentleman in our party ordered nachos.  They were delivered with ranch dressing in lieu of cheese.  No cheese to be found in the entire bowl, but lots and lots of ranch.  He sent them back with no request for a corrected order.

Them's Oklahoma nachos.

Must have been out of gravy!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 02:41:35 pm »

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the failed expansion into BA is now strangling this once successful location, as cash flow issues cause it to lose quality staff and management, which results in deteriorating food/service and puts it further into the death spiral.  The continuing lack of a really good sports bar in this sports obsessed town is a mystery.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 03:04:24 pm »

Charlie Mitchell's Outback used to be the place!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 11:41:16 am »

Charlie Mitchell's Outback used to be the place!

But that was all soccer stuff, and the sissy pants they wear....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:56 pm »

Anyone been to "The Hen" which is K Bondi's (owner of the French Hen) most recent foray into Brookside? Her former Brookside Restaurant was Table Ten. I've heard similar growing pains comments but have not tried personally.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 02:26:03 pm »

Anyone been to "The Hen" which is K Bondi's (owner of the French Hen) most recent foray into Brookside? Her former Brookside Restaurant was Table Ten. I've heard similar growing pains comments but have not tried personally.

Place was packed last weekend when we walked by.

davideinstein
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 03:13:56 pm »

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the failed expansion into BA is now strangling this once successful location, as cash flow issues cause it to lose quality staff and management, which results in deteriorating food/service and puts it further into the death spiral.  The continuing lack of a really good sports bar in this sports obsessed town is a mystery.

No kidding!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 03:26:01 pm »

Mmmmmm....grilled duck!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheAnsonia
Citizen

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 03:54:08 pm »

Hear, hear. It's shocking that there's not a good non-chain sports bar somewhere in the midtown/downtown area. I have fond memories of my time in larger cities skipping out from work for a few hours in the afternoon to catch some of the NCAA tournament or some EPL soccer.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org