A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:56:54 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leon's  (Read 13975 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: October 28, 2013, 07:32:18 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Brookside
Date/Time of Visit: Sunday 11am
Quality of Food (1-5): 3
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 1
Quality of Service (1-5): 1
Atmosphere (1-5): 1
Overall Rating (1-5): 2
Price ($-$$$$$):$$
What makes this restaurant unique: They advertise as being a family restaurant and hired a fancy chef from The Alley, but really it's just a sports bar.

Tell us about your experience: Since they have two locations, and do a decent job of self-promotion I thought I should give it a shot. Their website was advertising a Sunday brunch so we decided to give it a try. The hosted seated us with lunch/dinner menu and a completely different lunch/dinner menu on a sheet of 8.5x11 with no explanation. On the back of the paper menu was a letter from the owner talking about history of the restaurant, focus on quality, yadda yadda. It sounded like a normal history of the restaurant story and I lost interest on paragraph 2.

When our waitress came by (which became increasingly rare) we asked about the Brunch since it wasn't on any of the menu pages in front of us and she said "not until next month, I mean, we have a couple ...<trails off>" We then tried to order off the paper menu, and our waitress got agitated and flipped it over. She poked at paragraph four or five of the letter saying "that's not until next month, that's what it says right here"

So since there was no brunch menu, and half the menus they gave you were invalid, we finally decided. I ordered the KC burger which is basically a peanut butter bacon burger. We were the 6th table in the restaurant but it took almost half an hour to get our food. Mine came with one piece of bacon and slightly less peanut butter than you get on a Lance snack cracker. Our waitress hung out in the kitchen. She would go back with nothing and come out with nothing 15 minutes later. The non-wait staff spent lots of time discussing which channel should be on which TV, and didn't step in to help at any point. One waitress from another table did finally come over and pick up our empty plates and tracked down our waitress to get our check. Total time was about 90 minutes for basically two mediocre hamburgers. While we were there, I observed several other tables looking at the double menus with the same look I sometimes give Ikea directions. I also observed some tables getting brunch items.

Because these seemed to be simple issues that management could address with their staff I emailed Leon's the same day with my story to inform them that they need to tell their wait staff to explain the menu changes and not get irritated at people who can't navigate the mess. I have also contacted both of their facebook pages. It's been over a week and no response to anything.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:15:49 am »

Brookside is the only location.  The Broken Arrow store is closed.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:31:36 am »

Brookside is the only location.  The Broken Arrow store is closed.

It is?

Two restaurants in that place in a couple of years.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 09:12:35 am »

I was rather puzzled when Mitch left The Alley and went to Leon's.  I know he likes working in a fast-paced environment, the Alley isn't real fast-paced.  A sports bar doesn't seem to suit his food stylings though.

Meanwhile, The Alley hasn't skipped a beat.  Chef Brandon is doing a great job so far.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 11:56:59 am »

It is?

Two restaurants in that place in a couple of years.

Did they just close recently? I was just there 2 weeks ago..  Huh

rdj
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 12:00:19 pm »

Maybe made a poor assumption.  A few weeks ago was in the area.  Drove by and the landscape beds were overgrown and a "For Lease" sign was on the property.  Figured that meant closed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:02:39 pm by rdj » Logged

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 12:57:52 pm »

Website and facebook list only brookside location.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

B.A. is closed and should have never been opened....Brookside location has suffered because of it....It would not shock me to see the Brookside closed soon as well.....

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 07:44:59 am »

They had some good sandwiches, but otherwise the place was unremarkable.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 09:31:57 am »

Can't stand the Brookside location. It's a terrible use of the space and it's cold and uncomfortable.
davideinstein
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 03:42:52 pm »

Overpriced.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »

Overpriced.

They also don't get on a bike and bring you a new sandwich when they mess up the first one.
davideinstein
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 02:46:09 pm »

They also don't get on a bike and bring you a new sandwich when they mess up the first one.

Did we seriously mess up your sandwich?

Angry
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 08:59:42 am »

Did we seriously mess up your sandwich?

Angry

EZ tomatoes
XTRA hot peppers
Add bacon

Came with none of the above.
They pedaled a new one over here, so we're good.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 09:00:26 am »

Update from Leon's

After my email and 3 facebook messages I got a "thank you for your feedback" on Facebook.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org