A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:47:00 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Back Alley?  (Read 12127 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 10:23:22 pm »

I hope it's not a food truck. We need to go ahead and ban those unless they have a functioning, permanent site like Ando.

Why?  Many cities have trucks without a storefront that do just fine.  I think you're afraid it will cut into your business...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2013, 06:37:52 am »

Why on earth would anyone want to ban food trucks?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
davideinstein
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2013, 09:14:25 am »

Why?  Many cities have trucks without a storefront that do just fine.  I think you're afraid it will cut into your business...

Nothing really cuts into our business, but I don't think it should hurt others like it does.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2013, 09:29:56 am »

Using city ordinances as a means of competitive protectionism is as wrong as when large companies use government regulation as a barrier against competition.

Many cities have great mobile food offerings that operate in harmony with brick & mortar shops.  The great thing about food trucks is the instant variety they can bring to an area.  This attracts more people to all of the businesses nearby.  Food trucks also add mobility for festivals, events, and reduce traffic by bringing food choices to the public where there would otherwise be none.

Covered wagon capitalism at its best!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2013, 09:43:57 am »

Nothing really cuts into our business, but I don't think it should hurt others like it does.

So you think having an ordinance banning them is the solution?

That's real free-market of you.  Wow.  You may have just lost my business.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2013, 09:44:18 am »

I like the food trucks.  They might be reaching critical mass though.  I also prefer the independents, especially in comparison to chains like Dickeys or Mazzios.  I'm a fan of Andolinis though wherever I can get it.  Good stuff.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 10:33:40 am »

It's a food truck

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/music/the-fur-shop-venue-revived-by-blake-ewing-to-celebrate/article_aa4067bd-6d85-523f-b083-7a32cfe30ee1.html
rdj
City Father

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2013, 12:36:11 pm »

I hope it's not a food truck. We need to go ahead and ban those unless they have a functioning, permanent site like Ando.

And this whole time I had you pegged as a hipster!

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 12:57:40 pm »

I like the food trucks.  They might be reaching critical mass though.  I also prefer the independents, especially in comparison to chains like Dickeys or Mazzios.  I'm a fan of Andolinis though wherever I can get it.  Good stuff.

Critical mass?  Not yet and not for a while.

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2013, 01:32:53 pm »

LOL! What? Seriously?

Man that is some short sighted nonsense right there.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 02:36:45 pm »

Are Ice-Cream trucks exempt ?
Think of the children!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2013, 02:47:00 pm »

Are Ice-Cream trucks exempt ?
Think of the children!

I say we need to ban the music the ice cream trucks play. The rest will work itself out.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2013, 03:34:11 pm »

1) Back Alley is reopening as a burger joint called White Flag per the Tulsa World article and acjttle bitt.

2) social media hype, no grand opening?  No new sign?  I dunno, tried to stop by qmd saw the same sign (closed for private party).

3) Albert Gs was good..m

New sign is going up right now.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2013, 03:49:44 pm »

New sign is going up right now.

Soft open is today.

Ate a Selma Hayek. Not a fan of her acting, but she was quite tasty.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2013, 03:52:18 pm »

The only businesses I can think of really that effected are food trailers. It's not like Andolinis parks in front of Mazzios.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org