A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:24:47 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New eats for B.A.  (Read 13057 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: October 10, 2013, 07:22:47 am »

Passed by Lynn Lane Plaza next to the new "Raising Cains" North of 71st on Lynn Lane. There is a sign of coming soon. "Firehouse Subs"
I've never had them, but I have heard of them. What is their incarnation of the Sub that sets them apart from all the other places around?
I can think of two Subways. 1 mile to the North. And 1 mile to the West of this location.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 08:59:19 am »

Passed by Lynn Lane Plaza next to the new "Raising Cains" North of 71st on Lynn Lane. There is a sign of coming soon. "Firehouse Subs"
I've never had them, but I have heard of them. What is their incarnation of the Sub that sets them apart from all the other places around?
I can think of two Subways. 1 mile to the North. And 1 mile to the West of this location.

Try Jersey Mike's at 109th & Memorial sometime.  Great subs, unfortunately, too inconvenient for me to hit very often.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 09:09:57 am »

Try Jersey Mike's at 109th & Memorial sometime.  Great subs, unfortunately, too inconvenient for me to hit very often.

That's the old Cardigan's?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 09:51:44 am »

That's the old Cardigan's?

No idea. It's the end cap space on one of the strips facing Memorial on the property Wal-Mart sits on.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 10:06:53 am »

WOW! looks like these guy's have stumbled onto success. 600 plus locations in 35 States.

http://www.firehousesubs.com/

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 01:04:18 pm »

There's been one by Gold Gym (71st & Memorial) for years

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 01:30:57 pm »

No idea. It's the end cap space on one of the strips facing Memorial on the property Wal-Mart sits on.

That's the place. Used to be a Quiznos, and several other places. Very good subs, but a little work needs to be done on delivery/preparation time and employee griping between themselves.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 01:38:06 pm »

employee griping between themselves.

I've noticed that in a few places these days.  It was so bad at a sub place on Cherry street I filled out a comment card about it.

It was like they thought I couldn't hear them.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 01:47:27 pm »

Firehouse is better than Subway/Blimpie. They're like the Taco Bueno of subs. Good for fast food, but still fast food.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 02:45:59 pm »

That's the place. Used to be a Quiznos, and several other places. Very good subs, but a little work needs to be done on delivery/preparation time and employee griping between themselves.

I have to admit, it makes me a little nervous watching some teen ager using the meat slicer.  I wonder how often they have accidents using that?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 03:52:18 pm »

I have to admit, it makes me a little nervous watching some teen ager using the meat slicer.  I wonder how often they have accidents using that?

Paper thin!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 04:18:19 pm »

I think it was Firehouse I ate at in Madison, WI one time a year or so ago...was pretty good if memory serves.  Says there is one at Woodland Hills area, too.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 05:00:31 pm »

Jay's Original Hoagies pretty good.  He is a chain of one store at 91st & Sheridan in the slot where Siegi's used to be.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 05:05:57 pm »

I have to admit, it makes me a little nervous watching some teen ager using the meat slicer. 

Look the other way.

Grin

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 05:13:31 pm »

Firehouse's niche is that it's founded/run by mostly firefighters. Tried it once or twice. Not bad.

I do like Cain's although I have the same conversation with adults as I have with my children about the place:
What do they have?
Chicken Fingers
And what else?
Fries
But what else?
Cole Slaw, Toast and dipping sauce
No, What other than chicken fingers?
Nothing
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org