A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:13:49 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to predict Mayor's race  (Read 29630 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2013, 12:50:26 pm »

The main event turned out almost exactly like the primary. Seems like Bill Christiansen's supporters lined up behind Dewey.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2013, 01:40:15 pm »

The main event turned out almost exactly like the primary. Seems like Bill Christiansen's supporters lined up behind Dewey.

Bill no longer has much support among the Southies that I know.  Most people see him as someone who served on behalf of his own business interests.  Because of that, I think folks viewed his cosy up to Taylor as being more connected to some back-room promise than any real outrage towards Dewey. I'm sure there was probably a bridge location involved.  Wink

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2013, 02:08:51 pm »

Any future political aspirations that Christiansen may have had are now toast.  Any Republican opponent would use his support of Taylor against him.  I’m assuming he’s done with office seeking since he didn’t win this time.  He’s a successful businessman, I honestly can’t understand why he would want the flagellation that comes along with political service.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »

Any future political aspirations that Christiansen may have had are now toast.  Any Republican opponent would use his support of Taylor against him.  I’m assuming he’s done with office seeking since he didn’t win this time.  He’s a successful businessman, I honestly can’t understand why he would want the flagellation that comes along with political service.

Bridge!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
LocalGirl
Tourist

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2013, 02:56:19 pm »

Not sure "delicious" is a term I would use when referring to Dewey.  Tongue

No, not Dooey. I didn't support anyone in this general election; My vote was in opposition. The win is actually pretty sad. It's the defeat - by TEN POINTS no less - that's sooo delicious.
davideinstein
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2013, 04:40:49 pm »

Bartlett 55%

What do I win?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »

Krazy Kathy blamed the weather.....!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »

In politics, being perceived a quitter is very difficult to overcome.

Sarah Palin has been riding that coattail for years making a living on it.... go figure....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2013, 05:17:13 pm »

Sarah Palin has been riding that coattail for years making a living on it.... go figure....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H_KTyKUSG4[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2013, 06:55:34 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H_KTyKUSG4[/youtube]

As much as I like Tina, she is wrong about one thing - if more people owned guns, there wouldn't be fewer guns in the stores....more will be made and replenish the stores!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2013, 08:58:22 pm »

Palin = Taylor. Who knew? 

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org