A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:16:01 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re~Roof  (Read 7150 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 04:52:10 pm »

You can't do it as cheap as Mexicans. Oh wait, did that sound racist?  Huh

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 05:26:45 pm »

As many times as we have been told on this forum that Hispanic is NOT a race, I think you escaped the racist label.

Cheesy

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 05:37:47 pm »

Learned how to clean the pool filters on YouTube.  Same Smoot.

You need to tell your guests that you don't swim in their toilet, they shouldn't smoot in your pool.

Grin

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 07:52:07 pm »

Hey let's face it, they are some hardworking people who are very skilled in the construction trades, especially roofing, concrete finishing, masonry, and drywall.  It's like it's in their DNA.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 09:05:38 pm »

My house is pretty simple, a stright forward roof, no hip roofs or odd ball corners. I have a 4-12 pitch, I do have one small "peak" (gabel) area above my garage but I may not even have to re-do that part it does not look bad at all. Alot of my roof wear seems due to tree damage from large trees that were around the house when I bought it- the trees have all be cut down and removed so they won't be a issue anymore. I only have about 1,200 square feet of roof. I figure I can do a small section at a time. Roofing is pretty simple it's not rocket science and the biggest cost in roofing is the labor. I also learned that some places even deliver your packages of shingles and can even  roll them out to the roof on a conveyor line from the truck so I won't have to carry the  bundles up the ladder by hand.

Don't do any of it unless you are gonna do ALL of it!!  You have them delivered to the roof - that puts all the bundles up there so you only have to do one at a time.  How old are you??  How much roof walking have you done?

I used galvanized nails on mine, but staples done properly should be just as good.  Some say better, 'cause there are two holding points per fastening point.

Probably should have someone do it for you.  (I've done a couple dozen roofs over the years, and at this point, probably won't mess with that again - let someone else get that hot.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org