A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:15:27 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help - TU football parking  (Read 7834 times)
MXER22
Tourist

« on: October 01, 2013, 09:27:57 am »

I am needing info on parking for this Saturday's Tulsa University football game.  This is my family's first time to attend a TU football game or anything on the campus.  Can anyone give me advice on where I can park, I have looked at a map and checked the TU website but can find nothing on parking.  Is it similar to other universities where you need a pass to park on campus or are there any lots that are available for anyone.  Thanks
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:20:37 am »

I am needing info on parking for this Saturday's Tulsa University football game.  This is my family's first time to attend a TU football game or anything on the campus.  Can anyone give me advice on where I can park, I have looked at a map and checked the TU website but can find nothing on parking.  Is it similar to other universities where you need a pass to park on campus or are there any lots that are available for anyone.  Thanks

At least when I lived a few blocks south of Campus, you can park in the neighborhood to the south of the stadium, so long as you legally park (not in a no parking zone, and don't block a driveway).

I have no clue what parking options there are on campus, if any, during a game if you are not a student, faculty, or alumni.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:06:12 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:21:20 pm »

Parking on campus is basically by pass only.  Pay lots are for suckers.  I have season tickets and always park in the neighborhood south of the stadium.  May be a 5-6 block walk... but not a real problem. 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
MXER22
Tourist

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 01:37:41 pm »

Thank you both for the info, I appreciate the help.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 07:20:12 am »

Might try the Mayo school parking lot at 11th & Delaware.  I noticed their PTA was selling spots in their lot a few weeks ago.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:48 am »

I usually have good luck finding free street parking a block or two south of the Taco Bell on 11th (and sometimes another block or two to the west).

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
MXER22
Tourist

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 11:45:22 am »

Thank you all this is a great help, I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org