A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:34:52 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Raiders flirting with Oklahoma?  (Read 12039 times)
Laramie
City Father

« on: September 21, 2013, 04:58:21 pm »

Oakland Raiders Stadium Plan A Field Of Dreams In Oklahoma City?

"The Perfect Solution To Oakland Raiders Stadium Woes

Rusty Hilger and current Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie were teammates and drafted together in 1985.

Some may think I’m wrong, but I believe Oklahoma City is ready… and an NFL Franchise in Oklahoma City would be a perfect fit to our vision of the future."--The Perfect Solution To Oakland Raiders Stadium Woes

The Raiders are flirting with Los Angeles to build a 75,000-seat stadium in the Los Angeles area:  "According to Artz, moving back to Los Angeles is a possibility for the Raiders if they can’t strike a deal in Oakland. Currently, there are talks involving a 75,000-seat stadium there."

http://rustyhilger.com/oakland-raiders-stadium-plan-a-field-of-dreams-in-oklahoma-city/

NFL cities often use other cities as a 'pawn' to get what they want built in their city.  Truely doubt if this will come to fruitation; however it makes for interesting discussion.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 05:25:57 pm »

Rusty Hilger and current Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie were teammates and drafted together in 1985.

Some may think I’m wrong, but I believe Oklahoma City is ready… and an NFL Franchise in Oklahoma City would be a perfect fit to our vision of the future."--The Perfect Solution To Oakland Raiders Stadium Woes

The Raiders are flirting with Los Angeles to build a 75,000-seat stadium in the Los Angeles area:  "According to Artz, moving back to Los Angeles is a possibility for the Raiders if they can’t strike a deal in Oakland. Currently, there are talks involving a 75,000-seat stadium there."

http://rustyhilger.com/oakland-raiders-stadium-plan-a-field-of-dreams-in-oklahoma-city/

NFL cities often use other cities as a 'pawn' to get what they want built in their city.  Truely doubt if this will come to fruitation; however it makes for interesting discussion.

IMO it won't work in OKC.

One reason - the Sooners.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 09:02:33 pm »

Hah, hah, hah! Good luck with that Laramie.

I don't think Hilger has that sort of cash.  Neither does Box, and certainly not Aubrey McClendon these days.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 10:20:12 pm »

I heard that part of the negotiations hinged on the fact that OKC would also have to take all of the obnoxious rowdy thug fans as well.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 12:25:55 am »

You have post some stupid sh!t here before but this is inane up there with Sauerkraut.  Please stop posting.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 12:42:34 am »

^^^^^ PWI?

Are we getting another forum cop?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 11:04:59 am »

I heard that part of the negotiations hinged on the fact that OKC would also have to take all of the obnoxious rowdy thug fans as well.

The Raiders are apparently known for their 'obnoxious rowdy thug fans'.   I posted this because I thought it was interesting that the Raiders would exploit OKC to get their stadium built.   My bet is that Los Angeles will probably inherit those Raider faithfuls; then there is Portland,

Rusty Hilger certainly got his 2 cents worth...

Hope you guys are having an enjoyable time waiting on football, hockey & basketball seasons to interlock.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 12:53:34 pm »

There's no "apparently" about it. Until you have been to one the games played against them, you haven't lived life.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/09/raiders_fans_in_prime_form_at.php

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 02:57:21 pm »

OU and OSU are probably different fan bases (than typical NFL fans). Some overlap but not enough. The real deal killer here would be the other "non-profit trade association" NFL members that reside nearby, namely Kansas City, Dallas, Arizona. Fans travel from Oklahoma for those games. That makes us a donor state for them and judging by the great success OKC has had with the Thunder, those teams would lose that group of fans.

Those teams would nix a new team here because of its chances for success.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:20:21 pm by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »

I'm sure the Gooner Nation would be willing to stand in if the Raiders fans won't come with the team.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 10:23:26 pm »

I'm sure the Gooner Nation would be willing to stand in if the Raiders fans won't come with the team.

Maybe they can attract them here with the Orange Pride girls...

Sorry, I couldn't resist after the "Gooner Comment".

LOL.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 11:47:53 pm »

Maybe they can attract them here with the Orange Pride girls...

Sorry, I couldn't resist after the "Gooner Comment".

LOL.

That or some drunk Owasso Cheerleaders.  Wink

Guess I will stick with going to baseball games. Only had one negative comment when I went solo on foot and public transit to a Dbacks/Giants game at AT&T Park a couple of weeks ago. Kind of stuck out like a sore thumb in a sea of orange and black.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 12:17:15 pm »

Anybody remember the "Oklahoma Dome?"   Cheesy

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-dome-decision-due-in-30-days/article/2066124

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 12:38:23 pm »

Haha, I actually do remember this since I was living in that area at the time (as a junior in high school).

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 06:09:57 pm »

Never will work in Okc....Not enough entertainment dollar to go around something will suffer......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org