A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:22:56 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know Gordon Todd Skinner?  (Read 8967 times)
MichaelMason
Tourist

« on: July 27, 2013, 07:02:48 pm »

This Land has published "Subterranean Psychonaut: The Strange and Dreadful Saga of Gordon Todd Skinner" at http://www.thislandpress.com/gordon-todd-skinner .

I'm interested in hearing about any personal stories or interactions any of you have had with Skinner and/or his associates.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 08:09:24 pm »

Michael Mason is the publisher and editor of This Land Press, and he co-wrote the article on Skinner. It's very long, but an interesting piece nonetheless.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:09:21 pm »

I have talked to his cousin a couple of times, but have no real insight.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 04:06:58 am »

Amazing story. I didn't know him but I do remember him from my couple of years at Cascia. He was quite a bit older than me.  He was odd even then.
cynical
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 04:21:22 pm »

Editor. The publisher is Vincent LoVoi.

Michael Mason is the publisher and editor of This Land Press, and he co-wrote the article on Skinner. It's very long, but an interesting piece nonetheless.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:40 pm »

m

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 02:25:48 pm »

Todd was couple of years ahead of me at Cascia.  The recollection of the anonymous classmate they talked to about the high school years was what I recall as well.  At the time, he didn't use but it amused him to dose his friends with his concoctions and see what would happen.  I also remember the fellow who had the major freak out, it happened in the dorm back when they had one at Cascia.  Todd had a certain air about him, one that almost would lead you to believe he was part of some aristocracy.  Probably off-the-charts intelligence, but he chose to use it to manipulate others and for nefarious purposes.  Complete sociopath.

Great story in This Land though, I thought it went quite a bit farther than Rolling Stone did when they covered it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 10:45:44 am »

This Land has published "Subterranean Psychonaut: The Strange and Dreadful Saga of Gordon Todd Skinner" at http://www.thislandpress.com/gordon-todd-skinner .

I'm interested in hearing about any personal stories or interactions any of you have had with Skinner and/or his associates.

I grew up with the guy.  Very smart; started to get a little wacky in his late teen years.  His family owned a spring manufacturing outfit.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 09:45:54 pm »

I grew up with the guy.  Very smart; started to get a little wacky in his late teen years.  His family owned a spring manufacturing outfit.

Tulsa Auto Spring by any chance?  Great...just when ya thought it was safe to go back into the water, now I have to be suspicious again.

Just more of the insanity in this world...DuPont advertises "better things for better living...through chemistry".  At the same time we try to criminalize Mother Nature.  So we create Gordon Todd Skinners.  Yeah...we got our act together!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 08:58:14 am »

Gardner Springs
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 05:22:48 pm »

I checked the ODOC website today and searched for Gordon Todd Skinner.  To my surprise, his profile says his status is "inactive" and that his jail facility is "outside".  I called ODOC and was told that "inactive" means he is no longer serving his sentence and that "outside" means he is no longer in prison.

Given he was sentenced to life, I wondered if he passed away.  I haven't found anything that establishes he pased away.

Anyone know about Todd's current status?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 09:44:34 pm »

I know nothing about him, but I occasionally look for the guy that tried to murder some friend's grandkids - Mark Allen Eaton - and he apparently got his record expunged.   Funny how that works that an entitled little rich kid with contacts in the previous DA's office (Tim Harris), can plead guilty to 3 crimes in open court, then have the judge tell him, in so many words, wait a minute...the fix is in, so I am not gonna accept your plea and we will just let it ride for a few years and then can get rid of it after all the commotion dies down a little bit.  And it followed over from Tim Harris to Kunzweiler's office.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org