A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:41:12 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa's Top Ten parties each year  (Read 10205 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: July 20, 2013, 05:40:34 pm »

It sounds like the Center of the Universe Festival is now on this list. What other annual events are a must attend if possible?

I think Wild Brew this Saturday night is on the list.

http://wildbrew.org/

It is about 3,000 drunks with may of them in their 40s, 50s and older. The dance floor is a riot during the last hour. I love to try all the new beers every year and the restaurants make great samples. I also like that they have international beers and the local home brewers all together.

Another party I think should be on the list was last week. It was the Urban Tulsa Weekly Absolute Best of Tulsa party. This is where they unveil the winners of their online contest. It is mostly a way to party with advertisers (who amazingly seem to win most categories). I missed this year, but my wife kept texting me to rub it in that she was having fun and I was stuck in a library for a public hearing on capital projects. Full bar, great food and shots that are poured down an ice sculpture. 

I have more nominees, but what events do others think should be on the list of the top ten parties of Tulsa?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:03:58 am »

Oktoberfest
Tulsa Tough
Chili Bowl Nationals

Those are three "can't miss" ones for us.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 08:44:29 am »

Oktoberfest
Tulsa Tough
Chili Bowl Nationals

Those are three "can't miss" ones for us.

Mayfest (aka Drunkfest, however that can be said of Oktoberfest also)

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:23:26 am »

I think part of a festival would count on this list.

The Mayfest Gallery opening party on the Wednesday night before the festival is pretty good. It is intended for the artists, sponsors and volunteers, but the public can come for $25. Lambruzco's caters it and there is free wine and beer.

Corporate night at Oktoberfest is the same way. It is the night before the festival starts and only in one tent. I have to say corporate drunks are funnier than regular drunks.

Tulsa Tough is all great, but Sunday on Cry Baby Hill is the standout. The costumes and crowd noise makes it worth it.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 08:10:11 am »

I think part of a festival would count on this list.

The Mayfest Gallery opening party on the Wednesday night before the festival is pretty good. It is intended for the artists, sponsors and volunteers, but the public can come for $25. Lambruzco's caters it and there is free wine and beer.

Corporate night at Oktoberfest is the same way. It is the night before the festival starts and only in one tent. I have to say corporate drunks are funnier than regular drunks.

Tulsa Tough is all great, but Sunday on Cry Baby Hill is the standout. The costumes and crowd noise makes it worth it.

Ooops sorry, I was thinking "festival".

It's no wonder the UTW bash is a good time.  Skrzypczak has always known how to put in a pretty good bash.  He and I along with a handful of other people used to throw a great Christmas party called "Ball Humbug".  It got big enough at one point, it had to be held at the Armory at Expo Square.  It started becoming too much work and too much of an expense after we started having kids so I eventually bowed out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:55:58 am »

Its not a party per se, but the McNellie's Pub run is one of my favorite events. Libby Auld puts on some fun parties: Luchawhatever and SalsaFest.
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 10:56:59 pm »

For events, I think the McNellies Harvest Beer Festival and Art of BBQ happening at the same time within blocks of each other is a great event.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 11:40:49 am »

It sounds like the Center of the Universe Festival is now on this list. What other annual events are a must attend if possible?

I think Wild Brew this Saturday night is on the list.

http://wildbrew.org/

It is about 3,000 drunks with may of them in their 40s, 50s and older. The dance floor is a riot during the last hour. I love to try all the new beers every year and the restaurants make great samples. I also like that they have international beers and the local home brewers all together.

Another party I think should be on the list was last week. It was the Urban Tulsa Weekly Absolute Best of Tulsa party. This is where they unveil the winners of their online contest. It is mostly a way to party with advertisers (who amazingly seem to win most categories). I missed this year, but my wife kept texting me to rub it in that she was having fun and I was stuck in a library for a public hearing on capital projects. Full bar, great food and shots that are poured down an ice sculpture. 

I have more nominees, but what events do others think should be on the list of the top ten parties of Tulsa?

I'll be there again as usual.  Hope to see you, we can have a nice argument! ;-)  Please try to keep your shirt on this year.

It is indeed one of the best festivals in Tulsa if you like to eat great food, drink great beer, and listen to great music.  The raptors flying around is a nice touch too.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 04:10:45 pm »

Glendi Festival.

http://tulsagreekfestival.com/
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 09:08:28 am »

Nice addition. I love that party.

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 02:49:50 pm »

I nominate "Cry Baby Hill."

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 10:54:54 am »

And now the RiverParks are trying to ruin Oktoberfest
http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/riverparks-eliminates-oktoberfest-committees-will-/nZFKS/
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 11:16:10 am »

May not be considered a top ten, but gets surprisingly large crowds, and it's later this month.    The Great Steak Cook Off    http://oksteakcookoff.com/

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
davideinstein
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 07:12:55 pm »

Here are my top five favorites recently...

1. Tulsa Tough
2. Greekfest
3. Center of the Universe
4. Blue Dome St. Patty's Day
5. Mayfest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org