A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:22:29 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor has it...  (Read 7655 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 05:44:01 am »

At least you haven't procrastinated as long as me.  I still have a (now worthless) gift certificate from Buttons Home Video and Electronics Records and Tapes that I kept forgetting to use.

It's only been 15 years, but I'm still waiting on Computer City to call me back. They repeatedly assured me they will call ALL applicants back, whether I get an interview or not.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 06:53:48 pm »

We were hoping that Tulsa and/or Wichita would eventually join Oklahoma City in the American Hockey League.  Really miss the rivalry between Tulsa-OKC. 

Will the Oilers continue playing at the BOK Center or will they return to the Tulsa Convention Center (aka: Tulsa Assembly Center)?

Our Barons of the AHL are doing awful at the gate averaging around 3,500 fans per game with an outstanding team.  The sporting event dollars are nearly maxed out here in OKC and Bob Fund Sr., is going to lose a ton of cash.  The team plays at the 13,500-seat Cox Convention Center (Old Myriad Convention Center) across from the Chesapeake Energy Arena.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 08:56:18 pm »

We were hoping that Tulsa and/or Wichita would eventually join Oklahoma City in the American Hockey League.  Really miss the rivalry between Tulsa-OKC.  

Will the Oilers continue playing at the BOK Center or will they return to the Tulsa Convention Center (aka: Tulsa Assembly Center)?

Our Barons of the AHL are doing awful at the gate averaging around 3,500 fans per game with an outstanding team.  The sporting event dollars are nearly maxed out here in OKC and Bob Fund Sr., is going to lose a ton of cash.  The team plays at the 13,500-seat Cox Convention Center (Old Myriad Convention Center) across from the Chesapeake Energy Arena.

Staying at the BOK Center.  The ice plant at the CBC (now called the Cox Business Center) was removed.

And getting the AHL team isn't as easy as trying to get a team in the ECHL or the CHL.  The farm clubs have to buy in to a relocation.  I was hoping when the Rivermen were released that the Blues would explore Tulsa, but that didn't happen.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 07:04:27 pm »

Staying at the BOK Center.  The ice plant at the CBC (now called the Cox Business Center) was removed.

And getting the AHL team isn't as easy as trying to get a team in the ECHL or the CHL.  The farm clubs have to buy in to a relocation.  I was hoping when the Rivermen were released that the Blues would explore Tulsa, but that didn't happen.

With Texas (Austin-Cedar Park), San Antonio, Houston & OKC in the league Tulsa would have some natural rivals.  It is rumored that the Houston Aeros may be relocating; has anyone heard any update about this rumor?

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 07:08:05 pm »

With Texas (Austin-Cedar Park), San Antonio, Houston & OKC in the league Tulsa would have some natural rivals.  It is rumored that the Houston Aeros may be relocating; has anyone heard any update about this rumor?

Des Moines as the Iowa Wild

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org