A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:57:25 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor has it...  (Read 7679 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: June 23, 2013, 07:19:40 pm »

...and yes, for now it's a rumor but I have 'people' looking into it....

Jeff Lund may have sold the Oilers to the current Wichita Thunder owners.

Also, a collection of the team owners in the CHL have bought the league in order to save it from itself...I guess anyway.

A Lund-less Oiler team *might* lure me back to the games.

Stay tuned.  It's not called "The Silly Season" for nothing.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 09:09:29 pm »

One of the few words I learned in Hindi from my undergrad roommates:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Lund

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3t7MAwaaM[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:52:22 pm »

One of the few words I learned in Hindi from my undergrad roommates:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Lund

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3t7MAwaaM[/youtube]

yep, that would pretty much describe all the Lunds.  His son, nephew, etc...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 06:30:36 am »

Its about time.....!!!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:20:37 am »

...and yes, for now it's a rumor but I have 'people' looking into it....

Jeff Lund may have sold the Oilers to the current Wichita Thunder owners.

Also, a collection of the team owners in the CHL have bought the league in order to save it from itself...I guess anyway.

A Lund-less Oiler team *might* lure me back to the games.

Stay tuned.  It's not called "The Silly Season" for nothing.

I haven't been to a hockey game in years, so I don't have a clue what the issue is to the average fan about Lund.  I've heard other's complain about his ownership as well. Do tell.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:27:04 am »

I haven't been to a hockey game in years, so I don't have a clue what the issue is to the average fan about Lund.  I've heard other's complain about his ownership as well. Do tell.

He has a tendency for doing everything 'on the cheap', as opposed to the other owners in the league.  I'm not the only one who holds that sentiment.  These new 'alleged buyers' are not like that at all.  They understand that to make money, especially on a minor league sports franchise, you have to spend a little money.

When was the last time you saw a TV spot for the Oilers that looked remotely professional?  They're bleeding franchise players, but I can't say I blame them.  I think the coach is gone too since it's the last year of his contract.  Maybe someday on a TNF lunch we'll discuss it.  I could literally talk for an hour about the stories I've heard from players...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 05:02:18 pm »

A friend of mine in the hockey media (minor league mainly) received this today:

ATTENTION MEDIA:

The Tulsa Oilers of the Central Hockey League will make a MAJOR announcement at a press conference tomorrow afternoon at the BOK Center.  Please join Oilers management and staff for this important announcement regarding the future of the Oilers franchise.

What: Tulsa Oilers Press Conference
Where: BOK Center (Grand Lobby)
When: 1:30pm on Tuesday, June 25th
Who: Oilers management and staff

Please enter the BOK Center through the main doors located on the corner of 3rd St. and Denver Ave.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 12:49:18 pm »

It's official:  The Steven Brothers (owners of the Wichita Thunder franchise) have purchased the Tulsa Oilers franchise from current (and thankfully, now former) owner Jeff Lund.

Also announced was that current head coach Bruce Ramsay (at the end of his two year contract) has re-upped with the club for another season.

I may go back to the games now.

davideinstein
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 02:54:46 pm »

What changes should we expect from the current franchise?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 03:58:00 pm »

My Grandfather was good friends with Ray Miron. Hopefully this will bring back the good old days but the league overall today is nothing like it was when Miron restarted the CHL.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 04:29:20 pm »

What changes should we expect from the current franchise?

Snippets from the press release:

“Our first priority is to put a strong, competitive team on the ice,” Brandon Steven said.  “We need to win and win consistently.  These fans in Tulsa deserve to watch a playoff-caliber team and a team that will compete for championships.”

“Nothing would make me and my brothers happier than to see huge crowds packing the BOK Center throughout the upcoming season,” Rodney remarked.  “We want to re-energize our existing fans but we also want to make a big push to reach new fans, to attract families, and to let everyone know that Tulsa Oilers hockey is the very best entertainment value in this entire region.”

Two points that Lund apparently cared nothing about.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 05:44:17 pm »

Hopefully I can still redeem the ticket vouchers that the ticket sales people refused to honor before.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 08:29:11 pm »

Hopefully I can still redeem the ticket vouchers that the ticket sales people refused to honor before.

How long ago was "before"?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 09:22:11 pm »

How long ago was "before"?

Last season. Season was over before I could get ahold of someone who told me they were valid (ticket booth people said no)

Was told I could redeem them in the next season, if that guy is still there
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 09:46:46 pm »

Last season. Season was over before I could get ahold of someone who told me they were valid (ticket booth people said no)

Was told I could redeem them in the next season, if that guy is still there

At least you haven't procrastinated as long as me.  I still have a (now worthless) gift certificate from Buttons Home Video and Electronics Records and Tapes that I kept forgetting to use.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org