A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:53:11 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Tough Time!  (Read 15900 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »

Here are a couple of photos from today's event.  

Somewhere around the midpoint of the Men's Cat 3. It all came together for a sprint finish.

A couple of random guys....who hang around here. Conan, my apologies for not recognizing you.  It took me a while to mentally switch gears, a sure sign that I was getting dehydrated.  Should have brought a water bottle today.

I almost feel bad about that last one, Conan, but I did focus on the more important of the two of you!  (Shameless sucking up is always a good idea.) Actually, I forgot there's serious parallax error when using the old Yashica viewfinder atop the Olympus Pen. Duh!

(Later) I forgot to include the URL for the rest of the photos:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:36:04 pm by Ed W » Logged

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 10:22:13 am »

Each event was bigger than ever this year, there were so many people  in the Blue Dome Friday, in the Brady on Saturday and on Cry Baby Hill Sunday.

Friday was amazing downtown with people going to the PAC for the Lion King, the Driller's game (with fireworks both nights), first Friday Art Crawl, concert at Guthrie Green and the Moore benefit at Cameron and Brady. We actually had a traffic jam in downtown...that's right: in downtown.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 02:21:54 pm »

I look a lot more svelte than I did on Crybaby Hill last year, there's a pic somewhere on here of Carlton and I from last year and it's pretty obvious.  Dumping 30 pounds will do that for you.  I went on virtual hiatus from riding after the Leadville 100 and HHH 100 (hottest on record) in 2011, both from training burn-out and getting to to where MC could finally move up here from OKC. 

Carlton, I would have headed back up the hill but the heat had bothered me riding back in from the 63 miler yesterday so I spent as much of CBH in the shade downhill as possible.  I also marveled at the traffic downtown as we were leaving Friday night, really neat to see how vibrant downtown has become again.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 06:39:45 pm »

Got hooked on Friday and made it to all three events. We did paddle board yoga on Sunday at Beaver Lake and hauled tail back to see the last 15 laps on Sunday. One of the best weekends I can remember.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 08:23:18 pm »

Got hooked on Friday and made it to all three events. We did paddle board yoga on Sunday at Beaver Lake and hauled tail back to see the last 15 laps on Sunday. One of the best weekends I can remember.

They say if you can remember Tulsa Tough, especially Crybaby Hill you probably weren't there Wink

Good times for sure.  Look for the chrome dome next year with the eagle on top and come introduce yourself.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 10:37:01 am »

Sunday is a bit of a blur for me. After my race I went straight to beer and not a lot of food calories. I miiiiiiight be recovered by the time I race Wednesday night. Maybe.

Awesome weekend for sure and I made $200. Wife already stole it.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 07:11:38 am »

Sunday is a bit of a blur for me. After my race I went straight to beer and not a lot of food calories. I miiiiiiight be recovered by the time I race Wednesday night. Maybe.

Awesome weekend for sure and I made $200. Wife already stole it.

Were you in the 10:45AM race?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 08:54:37 am »

Yep, he's a Cat 4

tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 12:58:48 pm »

Yes-ish. My [Cat 4] race started at 10:30AM. Were you there? I tried to help a teammate win. He got 2nd which is almost winning, but not quite. Still a good day.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 02:20:35 pm »

Yes-ish. My [Cat 4] race started at 10:30AM. Were you there? I tried to help a teammate win. He got 2nd which is almost winning, but not quite. Still a good day.

Yep, was watching from Houston Ave and cheering for McElravy.
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 09:43:44 am »

Yep, was watching from Houston Ave and cheering for McElravy.

Awesome! He is good people and fun to race with. We had a good time. Smiley

rdj
City Father

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 10:03:55 am »

Helpful accessory for beer loving cyclists..

http://coolmaterial.com/rides/bike/growler-cage/

Which, Marshall should do growlers.  I love the bombers, but a growler has a different feel to it.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 12:32:58 pm »

I don't think you can do growlers in Oklahoma...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 12:58:27 pm »

Of course not! You might get drunk and hurt someone!  The ABLE Commission and legislature protecting us from ourselves once again. 

Never mind that you can walk in any liquor store and purchase a 1.75 liter bottle of whisky.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 03:55:08 pm »

You can't bottle them or you can't sell them?  I've bought growlers of out of state beer at Collins...

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org