A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:22:18 pm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Unemployment Plummeting OKC Lowest in The Country  (Read 49977 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2013, 08:00:57 am »

Point out the inaccuracy.

Where did I say Obama isn't responsible for anything. I correctly pointed out that the budget that a president comes in with was passed by the previous president and is in place until the end of the federal fiscal year which is October 1st. I get that this concept may well be too hard to comprehend for you but I can't help that.

You've been predicting the end of the world since Obama took office, it keeps not happening. I get that you have a Bush photo in that pretty little locket around your neck and can't accept that he almost push the entire world economy into depression but that is the truth.

Republicans are bad at the whole economy thing, twice in the last 100 years they have created conditions for horrible world depressions and even leaving those two out they have left the economy in worse condition then when they took office with only ONE exception in the last 100 years.

The economy today, which not great, is far, far better than it was when Obama took office. When Bush II left it was far, far worse than when he took office. I understand that you think Bushy's little fake Texas accent is cute and all, but Bush  is a moron. That's been proven. He was really bad at the whole deciderer thing. Is that so hard to get?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2013, 08:18:43 am »

How is it manipulation?  The statement says 8 years of debt by Bush; 4 years by Obama.  That's stating fact.

If he'd have said the same thing and left the time frames off, I'd agree.  You're reading something that's not there, in my opinion.

The fact still remains that for Obama's deficit total increase to get even close to Bush, let alone Reagan, the debt will be $24 trillion at the end of his term.  At 3 more years and a trillion per year (the current pace), I'm betting on about $20-ish.  Which means they will be dramatically separated on percentage increases, but hand in hand for total in absolute terms. 

The biggest point to note from all that is that neither of them had/have an understanding of economics or the stones to do what it takes to actually fix issues.  Motivations obvious to date;  more money for the buddies, obstructionist policies by a minority (from both sides...), and a clear mandate to run this country into the ground so they can stand back and say, "I told you so....".  Kind of like a game of musical chairs in some ways.

Rational, functional, correct fixes have been available every step along the way - since the mid 80's.  And every step along the way, the people we elect, who are then bought and paid for by their "buddies", have chosen NOT to engage in any of them!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2013, 08:19:29 am »

Sauer,  have you digested that first little batch of reality yet??

Do you understand it?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »

Very good commercial spot for OKC, and the state rep is a cutie...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1bkUnKj1M#at=13[/youtube]

And yes, she's an R. But, you knew that.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2013, 01:00:46 pm »

I guess all I can say is  some people posting here would rather have 12% unemployment, and our Oklahoma state economy in shambles with  high taxes, and $4.50 a gallon gasoline in Oklahoma. Not I. ~  I perfer low unemployment, a robust economy, low taxes and  some of the cheapest gasoline prices in the USA. Hoss can "face palm" all he wants if it makes him feel better and he can't face reality. The sales tax free hoilday in Oklahoma shows what can happen when taxes are suspended or cut even if it's only for one day, spending and growth explode. Taxes choke an economy and free market.  Lips sealed
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:02:52 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2013, 01:15:10 pm »

Not sure where your numbers come from but these are from the treasury department.  Lets not deal in "about" and "approximately."
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/search?startMonth=01&startDay=01&startYear=2008&endMonth=07&endDay=29&endYear=2013

When Bush first came into office, the national debt was $5.77 trillion, and by the end of his 8 years, it grew to $9.229 trillion -- an increase of exactly $3.453 trillion.

Currently we are at $16.73 trillion.  That is a $6.10 trillion dollar increase in a little over 4 years.  During that time, government debt rose by $721,407,501,045 and private sector debt rose by $6,787,545,796,868.

Under Bush, the total debt rose by $431.6 billion a year (an atrocious and unsustainable amount).  Under President Obama it has increased by $1.326 trillion a year, or roughly 3X the yearly increase under Bush.

While Sauerkraut posts from emotion and is typically easy to unmount, please attempt to do so with real numbers.

Reagan was 100% devoted to private sector growth.  He spent like wild, but he had the revenue to do so. Clinton was a marvelous leader, also devoted to the promotion of private sector growth.  He could make a speech and cause the stock market roar, and companies to hire. He was also concerned with debt, far more than his predecessors, and understood the threat it posed to economic prosperity.  Bush was a miserable spender, but he enjoyed an artificially stimulated economy. He had little or no control over the housing crisis, though I think he should have tried a little harder.  He was lazy, especially during his second term.

Obama started in the weeds, and thought it was possible to spend his way out of them (ignoring the Keynesian failures of the past).  He made the private sector the enemy, blamed them, his predecessors, foreign countries, natural disasters, the weather, global warming, other law makers and any other external factor he could find for his inability to process a solution.  Instead of cutting through impediments to growth, he grew layer upon layer of new economic uncertainty, like onion-paper suffocating small business growth, and baring entry with banking regulations that did NOTHING to stifle the lending habits towards big companies.  Entire industries flush with cash were unwilling to hire because there was no longer a clear forecast of employment cost, or a clear picture of growth.  The amazing thing, is that he was able to accomplish most of his economic mess with words alone!  Beyond that, he seems completely unconcerned with the reality, and utterly consumed with the politics. The remedy to every issue, or crisis is a speaking tour.  How long will Democrats pretend this is leadership?

Indeed very good points- It must also be remembered to that Bush was really a "RINO" for the most part. Obama spent more than any other president. What I'd like to see is a "T" party president  someone  who supports the private market place and does not choke them to death with taxes and regulations, the EPA is choking the economic engine  with global warming regulations and the planet is not even warming up it's been cooling down for the past 16 years. The high gasoline prices pull money from people's paychecks that could be spend on goods and services instead of ending up in the gas tank. In the future Obama's push with ethonal in gasoline is another disaster waiting to happen, that's bad news all around yet they just force it on the market place.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2013, 01:19:10 pm »

I guess all I can say is  some people posting here would rather have 12% unemployment, and our Oklahoma state economy in shambles with  high taxes, and $4.50 a gallon gasoline in Oklahoma. Not I. ~  I perfer low unemployment, a robust economy, low taxes and  some of the cheapest gasoline prices in the USA. Hoss can "face palm" all he wants if it makes him feel better and he can't face reality. The sales tax free hoilday in Oklahoma shows what can happen when taxes are suspended or cut even if it's only for one day, spending and growth explode. Taxes choke an economy and free market.  Lips sealed

Holy crap.  You're living in fantasyland.  Thankfully it's not here.  At least not that you've proven.

The reality is that the economy IS getting better, despite what Gov Failin' is doing.

You can now go back to residing under the Governor's desk.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2013, 02:11:55 pm »

You can now go back to residing under the Governor's desk.

Says the guy residing under Obama's desk...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2013, 02:43:52 pm »

I perfer low unemployment, a robust economy, low taxes and  some of the cheapest gasoline prices in the USA.

We all "perfer" them things. I don't know any who ain't.

Show me the picket signs of people demanding high unemployment.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2013, 02:55:42 pm »

Says the guy residing under Obama's desk...

I had a pretty nifty and witty reply to that.

I thought then, "why waste it on a lawyer".

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2013, 08:07:47 am »

That is a flat out bald faced lie - what you want for OK - otherwise you would be wanting to go back to Brad Henry. 

And the tax free day has been going on for WAY longer than Failin'.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2015, 08:23:21 am »

State and local politicians jump out in front of the cameras to announce new jobs coming to the state.  Sure, we know why.

It would be nice if they could do the same to explain what is being done to stop the loss of jobs too.

QEP Resources to shut down Tulsa office; approximately 70 jobs affected

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/employment/qep-resources-to-shut-down-tulsa-office-jobs-affected/article_9dd47240-1766-52a7-b87b-d5b2cf131110.html

Denver-based QEP Resources announced Thursday that it will be shutting down its regional office in Tulsa.

About 70 employees, most of them in technical jobs, work in the company’s Tulsa office, said Brent Rockwood, a spokesman for the company.

Approximately half of those employees will be given relocation offers at the crude oil and natural gas exploration and production company’s headquarters in Denver. Others will be laid off.

“Closing our regional office was a difficult decision, as it impacts approximately 70 QEP employees in Tulsa who have been valued members of our company,” Rockwood said.

Tulsa operations are expected to close by this fall. Employees who do not transfer will be eligible for severance, outplacement assistance and other transitional support.

QEP Resources employs more than 700 across the company. In addition to the Denver headquarters and the Tulsa office, Rockwood said that QEP also has a small presence in Salt Lake City that will not close.

QEP is shutting down its Tulsa office because the company has decided to bring all of its asset teams to one location, Rockwood said.

“In today’s lower commodity price environment, we are aggressively pursuing efficiencies in our business to improve our competitiveness,” he said.

QEP operates assets in the Williston Basin, the Pinedale Anticline, the Uinta Basin, the Permian Basin and Haynesville Shale.

Asset teams in the Tulsa office ran QEP’s operations in the Permian Basin and Haynesville Shale.

The company is not ending its Salt Lake City presence because employees there aren’t divided into an asset team, he said.

Rockwood said that managing the company’s entire asset portfolio and locating all technical and commercial teams in Denver will “streamline our business and improve our efficiencies.”

Specifically, those efficiencies are providing greater flexibility and speed in allocating employees according to business need; increasing collaboration and knowledge transfer among asset teams; and decreasing general and administrative costs.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2015, 08:32:18 am »

State and local politicians jump out in front of the cameras to announce new jobs coming to the state.  Sure, we know why.

It would be nice if they could do the same to explain what is being done to stop the loss of jobs too.

QEP Resources to shut down Tulsa office; approximately 70 jobs affected

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/employment/qep-resources-to-shut-down-tulsa-office-jobs-affected/article_9dd47240-1766-52a7-b87b-d5b2cf131110.html

Probably Obama and the EPA chokin’ them to death with all sorts of regulations.  We need a president like Mary Failin’ or Dewby Bartlet (sic).  They’d be the job-gittinist pair ever in the White House!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2015, 09:44:42 am »

Oil is $45 a barrel and natural gas is $2.72.  Doesn't matter who's governor or which political party is in charge, Oklahoma is in for a tough ride until those numbers change substantially.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2015, 10:57:53 am »

Oil is $45 a barrel and natural gas is $2.72.  Doesn't matter who's governor or which political party is in charge, Oklahoma is in for a tough ride until those numbers change substantially.

Diversification is never a horrible idea.

Making the state a more attractive, less hateful place to live is something to try.

Our leaders could also start every conversation about a new idea with "Will this make Oklahoma look foolish or allow our state to once again be a national joke?"

I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org