A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:53:38 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone been the Prhyme RECENTLY?  (Read 12991 times)
rebound
City Father

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 08:23:37 am »

Are the guests from out of town, or out of state?  Assuming the quality and expense of both places is comparable, I'd have to consider whether I wanted to represent Tulsa, or represent OK.  It's a small thing I know, but Phryme is specific to Tulsa and Mahogany has other locations and is OKC area based.

Also, I'd eliminate Fleming's on that criteria alone.  It's a solid steak house, but I can go to a Fleming's anywhere.

Regarding menu and cost,  a la carte is standard at most places like this, and $100/person is what I budget for the meal overall when I take prospects out, particularly if wine is involved.

OKnative
Tourist

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »

I don't consider Mahogany a chain either. Their steak can be hit or miss at times but I've never had any bad sides. They always have great service but at times a little overboard. I like a great steak and I've had my fill this month having gone to Capitol Grille, Fleming's (twice), Ruth Chris, McKendrick's and Kevin Rathbun's (last two in Atlanta). If ever in the Atlanta area you can't go wrong at either. Both were a little more than Mahogany in prices and better overall. At McKendrick's my bill dining alone, plus tip, was about $175. 
Don't forget Polo Grill for a taste of Tulsa. Not a dedicated steak house but they prepare a great piece of meat.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 02:01:26 pm »

Thumbs up to McKendrick's in Atlanta.  Great place and great steaks.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 02:34:14 pm »

You know, I always forget about Polo Grill.  I've had some fantastic steaks there and I really like their atmosphere and service.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 07:40:35 am »

You know, I always forget about Polo Grill.  I've had some fantastic steaks there and I really like their atmosphere and service.

Agreed.  It seems I only ever make it there for large dinners in one of their wine rooms.  Which, are great for entertaining, BTW.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org