A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:09:03 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breakfast at Back Alley  (Read 3724 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 07, 2013, 09:48:43 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:
Blue Dome district. Elgin between 1st and 2nd

Date/Time of Visit:
Friday June 7th, 2013 9:15 am

Quality of Food (1-5):
4. It is hard to get a five for a breakfast when ordering diner food.

Menu/Food Options (1-5):
5. The menu includes all the traditional breakfast choices. Pancakes, Waffles, French toast, eggs, biscuits and gravy and included both link and pattie sausage. Kudos for having link. They also had steak, chicken and waffles, breakfast burrito, oatmeal, yogurt and fruit. Meat choices included bacon, both sausage types, smoked ham and chicken apple sausage. The menu also included Mimosa and Bloody Mary drinks.

Quality of Service (1-5):
5. I was the only one in the restaurant. She left me alone to read my paper just enough and yet took care of me when needed.

Atmosphere (1-5):
3. Overwhelming smell of BBQ walking into the restaurant. Nice sturdy chairs, real cloth napkins clearly designed for messy food. Odd mix of music ranging from blues to Motown. staff wearing t-shirts.

Overall Rating (1-5):
4. I liked the food enough to write this review and plan to eat breakfast here again fairly soon.

Price ($-$$$$$):
$. French toast and short stack of pancakes start at $4.00.  Biscuits and gravy were $5.50. Omelettes $8.50. Chicken fried steak and eggs $9.00.

What makes this restaurant unique:
I ordered the Chicken Fried steak and eggs breakfast. I was expecting a hammered out piece of beef like I make at home and was surprised that it was a 10 ounce and 1.5 inch steak that had been cooked medium well while being battered and fried. The battering and gravy came right off the steak and were pretty tasty, then I ate a steak. The gravy was nothing special, but OK. My over-easy eggs were cooked exactly like I want them and the hash browns were better than I can make at home. It came with two full pieces of Texas toast cut diagonally and a small strawberry and slice of orange. It was more food than I expected.

I plan to go back in a couple of weeks and try the chicken apple sausage and an order of biscuits and gravy. They gave me a coupon for 10% off my next breakfast so if anyone wants to join me and can have a late breakfast on a Friday, let me know.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 07:59:42 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:
Blue Dome district. Elgin between 1st and 2nd

Date/Time of Visit:
Friday June 7th, 2013 9:15 am

Quality of Food (1-5):
4. It is hard to get a five for a breakfast when ordering diner food.

Menu/Food Options (1-5):
5. The menu includes all the traditional breakfast choices. Pancakes, Waffles, French toast, eggs, biscuits and gravy and included both link and pattie sausage. Kudos for having link. They also had steak, chicken and waffles, breakfast burrito, oatmeal, yogurt and fruit. Meat choices included bacon, both sausage types, smoked ham and chicken apple sausage. The menu also included Mimosa and Bloody Mary drinks.

Quality of Service (1-5):
5. I was the only one in the restaurant. She left me alone to read my paper just enough and yet took care of me when needed.

Atmosphere (1-5):
3. Overwhelming smell of BBQ walking into the restaurant. Nice sturdy chairs, real cloth napkins clearly designed for messy food. Odd mix of music ranging from blues to Motown. staff wearing t-shirts.

Overall Rating (1-5):
4. I liked the food enough to write this review and plan to eat breakfast here again fairly soon.

Price ($-$$$$$):
$. French toast and short stack of pancakes start at $4.00.  Biscuits and gravy were $5.50. Omelettes $8.50. Chicken fried steak and eggs $9.00.

What makes this restaurant unique:
I ordered the Chicken Fried steak and eggs breakfast. I was expecting a hammered out piece of beef like I make at home and was surprised that it was a 10 ounce and 1.5 inch steak that had been cooked medium well while being battered and fried. The battering and gravy came right off the steak and were pretty tasty, then I ate a steak. The gravy was nothing special, but OK. My over-easy eggs were cooked exactly like I want them and the hash browns were better than I can make at home. It came with two full pieces of Texas toast cut diagonally and a small strawberry and slice of orange. It was more food than I expected.

I plan to go back in a couple of weeks and try the chicken apple sausage and an order of biscuits and gravy. They gave me a coupon for 10% off my next breakfast so if anyone wants to join me and can have a late breakfast on a Friday, let me know.

TN Breakfast next week?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 04:19:04 pm »

Can others make a 9:00 am breakfast?

If so, yes. Let's have a TulsaNow breakfast.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 04:41:30 pm »

Can others make a 9:00 am breakfast?

If so, yes. Let's have a TulsaNow breakfast.

Saturday?  Any weekday is impossible for me, and Saturday may be off too if overtime comes up.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org