A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:48 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprouts 41st & Harvard  (Read 10568 times)
Stone
Activist

« on: May 13, 2013, 12:14:06 pm »

Commercial building permits
(Listed by owner, tenant or building name. This weekly update lists new commercial construction, expansions and enlargements of more than $50,000. Information is from initial applications and is subject to change. Dollar amount is valuation declared by owner.)
Sprouts Farmers Market, 4123 S. Harvard Ave., new construction/ grocery store, $1,949,625.

Shops Retail Building at Harvard, 4117 S. Harvard Ave., new construction/ multi-tenant shops, $545,250.

Should be a good addition to that corner/neighborhood.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:36:03 pm »

Agreed, I simply hope the city manages to re-do the intersection before construction is completed or it could be one huge cluster F*** for traffic if they don't. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:07:18 pm »

Boy, if it's anything like the one in Bixby, it will be a huge plus to that corner.

But traffic will be a problem.  The parking in Bixby is very large, but even weeks after opening that place is packed.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:50:22 pm »

Boy, if it's anything like the one in Bixby, it will be a huge plus to that corner.
But traffic will be a problem.  The parking in Bixby is very large, but even weeks after opening that place is packed.

I wouldn't call the Sprouts parking in Bixby "very large".   We'll see what happens when the new wears off.

My mom doesn't walk distances very well and she still hasn't been able to get a spot close enough to the store door despite several attempts at various times of the day.

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 01:58:37 pm »

I wouldn't call the Sprouts parking in Bixby "very large".   We'll see what happens when the new wears off.

My mom doesn't walk distances very well and she still hasn't been able to get a spot close enough to the store door despite several attempts at various times of the day.

My wife and I went for the first time over the weekend. We ended up parking on the street behind the store. If it had been me I would have continued down the road to Reasor's, but the Queen wanted to see what Sprout's was all about.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 02:35:28 pm »

Is this the same franchise that is currently at 26th & Harvard?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 03:07:15 pm »

Is this the same franchise that is currently at 26th & Harvard?

No, it's a grocery store.  The Sproutz at 26th & Harvard is a restaurant.  Great short rib sandwich!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 03:32:01 pm »

I had such a hard time keeping away from the reuben sandwich that I had to stop going at all.

Sprouts at 41st:  I'll be bitterly disappointed if the parking faces the street.  I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 03:37:40 pm »

Also, 41st and Harvard is scheduled for upgrades that are slated to start sometime in the spring.  I'm guessing now it will be summer.  At least that would help with pre and post Edison traffic.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 03:59:50 pm »

Also, 41st and Harvard is scheduled for upgrades that are slated to start sometime in the spring.  I'm guessing now it will be summer.  At least that would help with pre and post Edison traffic.

And hopefully it will include a right turn lane northbound.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 08:39:44 pm »

My wife and I went for the first time over the weekend. We ended up parking on the street behind the store. If it had been me I would have continued down the road to Reasor's, but the Queen wanted to see what Sprout's was all about.
I made a trip by there last week and had to park on the street behind, but the prices that first week were so low that it was worth it.  Stocked up on all my fruits and veggies for less than $30.  I stopped in today at about 4:30 and had no problem finding a parking spot.  Prices weren't as good as before, but still pretty low.  I'll be interested in seeing what kinds of prices are there after the sale.
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 08:59:52 am »

And hopefully it will include a right turn lane northbound.

That, and demolition of the gross convenience store on the corner.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 10:25:02 am »

That, and demolition of the gross convenience store on the corner.

It may be a shrine now since one of the clerks was murdered in a robbery some time ago.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 02:30:07 pm »

This has been in the works for some time.  I really hoped they would love it to 31st and Harvard where the Homeland was.  But oh well...  will still be a good addition.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »

It may be a shrine now since one of the clerks was murdered in a robbery some time ago.

If you are talking in the last couple of years that was 36th & Harvard, not 41st.

That dump at 41st wouldn't look out of place in 1970s rural Mississippi.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org