A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:34:55 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to hire a field guy  (Read 55774 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: May 02, 2013, 10:41:17 am »

Business is good, but I got a lot of stuff needing fixing spread out over the metro area.

I need to hire a full-time person to drive one of my pickup trucks around and fix stuff. The job might be delivering supplies or picking up cans, fixing a broken window or cleaning up a warehouse. A lot of it is driving to get or deliver supplies.

I need someone with a clean driving record, not be afraid of learning how to fix stuff, and willingness to work an occassional weekend. The job will be through a temp agency to start.

The pay starts at $10 an hour and a little more pretty quickly if we like the work. It could be a young person or an old person like me.

E-mail me at RecycleMichael@yahoo.com if interested.

Power is nothing till you use it.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:33:05 am »

The guy I hired just left me for a better job.

I need to replace him.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »

Wish I could fit it around my school schedule.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:10:18 pm »

Me too. I really need someone full time.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 01:09:04 pm »

I really do understand where you are coming from - I worked for many months for a non-profit (obviously my favorite charity - Salvation Army) - for $10 an hour.  (Do I remember correctly that yours is a non-profit??)  Had to take a better job when it came along.  These kind of jobs tie closely to ones belief structure.  Having said that...and I know you can see it coming... may have to pay more...

Sounds like a kind of a fun job....wish I could afford to help you there.

And by the way - what is the deal with the recycling centers only taking up to 5 gallons of used oil at a time?  I try to never make a run until I have two, 5 gal jugs to dump....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 01:20:03 pm »

I cannot take oil from a business. My self-imposed five gallon a day limit is meant to discourage commercial customers.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 01:24:54 pm »

I cannot take oil from a business. My self-imposed five gallon a day limit is meant to discourage commercial customers.

I kind of figured that something like that was what drives it...when I do oil changes, I try to do them all at once, so end up with 4 gallons from the diesel, 3 gallons from the cars, and a gallon from the bike.  And if any of the kids show up, there could be as much as 3 gallons more.  I just make two trips....  sometimes will drive in, dump one tank, then drive down the road, turn around and come back for a second trip.  Works ok so far....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 02:23:46 pm »

We also have 12 locations so you could do up to sixty gallons a day if willing.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 06:46:46 am »

I kind of figured that something like that was what drives it...when I do oil changes, I try to do them all at once, so end up with 4 gallons from the diesel, 3 gallons from the cars, and a gallon from the bike.  And if any of the kids show up, there could be as much as 3 gallons more.  I just make two trips....  sometimes will drive in, dump one tank, then drive down the road, turn around and come back for a second trip.  Works ok so far....

Most households don't generate 44 quarts of oil on a regular basis
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 10:59:55 am »

Most households don't generate 44 quarts of oil on a regular basis

I only do that about 2 to 3 times a year max.  In gallons rather than quarts.  Too much of it is for the kids...I tend to spoil them at times - doing their oil changes and all.  And there is one truck that is neglected most of the time, since I only use it once in a very great while...takes almost 5 gallons to change the oil in it.  And the differential is almost 3 gallons....  Only change that every 2 or 3 years.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 09:06:04 am »

I only do that about 2 to 3 times a year max.  In gallons rather than quarts.  Too much of it is for the kids...I tend to spoil them at times - doing their oil changes and all.  And there is one truck that is neglected most of the time, since I only use it once in a very great while...takes almost 5 gallons to change the oil in it.  And the differential is almost 3 gallons....  Only change that every 2 or 3 years.

5 gallons? Is it a semi-tractor?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 03:32:45 pm »

I'd consider it, but I already have a job providing English translation services for over-seas companies.  They think this is English for "Chicken and Shrimp."   Grin

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 07:22:59 pm »

Were these your guys in Owasso tonight, Michael?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 07:42:35 pm »

Yes. We were selling Garden Gourmet compost bins. They sell in the catalogs for $90 plus shipping.

I bought a truck load of them for $50 bucks a piece and am selling them for $45 (I suck at business).

I will do another sale at the Guthrie Green during lunch hour on Wednesday October 16th. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 10:46:10 am »

5 gallons? Is it a semi-tractor?

Medium duty truck...like a Ryder box truck - Loadstar 1600.  International 345 gas engine like they used in Intl Scouts long ago, but with this HUGE oil tank.  Was kind of - no, VERY surprised the first time I ever changed oil on it.  Has over 80 grease fittings, too!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org