A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:44:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Joes Fundraiser Kerfuffle  (Read 54779 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2013, 05:31:25 am »

Trying to go deep into this using a phone isn't something I care to try, so I'll just respond in brief.  First, let me say I seem to be very emotionally charged on the subject, something I've only recently realized, which makes it difficult for me to not go down the crazy track here and there, so I'll beg your indulgence at those tines. 
On the subject at hand, I do not discount freewill, only that believing or disbelieving is not a choice, but rather an end result of the acceptance of evidence. Where the choice plays a part us if we choose to accept certain things as evidence, out if we choose to analyze the matter.  Even a lot of that, however, is determined in a lot of preexisting factors that effect the psyche. But, in the end, if the evidence you accept does not support a point, than you simply cannot believe it. So you can not choose your beliefs, but you can choose what you expose yourself to that can effect those beliefs.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I think we can leave the discussion here.  It seems that we are indeed in agreement, it is only our definition of "Choice" that differs.  I consider the highlighted above as an acceptable definition of choice, even though you require something more rigid.  Either way, I understand your point now and respect it though we disagree on what constitutes choice.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2013, 04:43:19 pm »

I think we can leave the discussion here.  It seems that we are indeed in agreement, it is only our definition of "Choice" that differs.  I consider the highlighted above as an acceptable definition of choice, even though you require something more rigid.  Either way, I understand your point now and respect it though we disagree on what constitutes choice.
I can live with that

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2013, 07:32:24 am »

Here's a similar event in Houston re: the NRA.  http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/01/houston-schools-cancel-nra-safety-program-after-discovering-nra-connection/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2013, 11:27:54 am »

Don't want those crazies teaching gun safety
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGD7r6s-zU[/youtube]
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2013, 06:19:31 pm »

So,....the message seems to be that the safest course of action is to make sure no cops carry guns....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org