A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:07:19 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horsemeat Mary Signs Slauterhouse Legislation  (Read 10379 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 12:50:36 am »

Guess so.  To be honest, I didn't even remember who he was until I looked him up.  I wouldn't have even known about it if I'd have stayed away from FB on Sunday.

Look up Cesar Chavez Park, Phoenix, AZ on Google earth. Cesar Chavez High School next to it rivals some of the community colleges in the area.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 05:46:58 am »

If they were riding cattle would the charge be any different?   

It happens.  My grandmother had a cow she could ride.

Look!  That's her now.

Nothing better than a good jumping cow.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 06:18:53 am »

It happens.  My grandmother had a cow she could ride.

Look!  That's her now.

Nothing better than a good jumping cow.

Steak!  Yum!

Anybody know if I can get some water buffalo in town?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 06:45:08 am »

"Could I borrow your towel"...? "My car just hit a Water Buffalo"...!!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 07:54:09 am »

Didn't even phase me. Guess that's what happens when you spend 13 years in the southwest you know who Cesar Chavez is.

Didn't he make a salad dressing or something like that?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »

He CjC'd him-self.....Again.....

I think we have just introduced a new verb into the lexicon "CjC'd"

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 12:54:27 pm »

Oklahoma lawmakers and Gov. Mary Fallin might have thought that quick passage of the horse slaughter bill would bring the controversy to an end. Instead, they probably just guaranteed that the controversy will continue to drag on, perhaps for years.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Adoption_of_horse_slaughter_measure_doesnt_resolve/20130407_211_G1_ULNSeg38012

Pending federal legislation would ban the slaughter of American horses for human consumption and prohibit transporting them across the U.S. border to Mexican and Canadian slaughterhouses.  The measure, called the Safeguard American Food Exports Act, is in part a response to reports that horse meat has been found in food products in Europe and wrongly identified as beef.

The reason Oklahoma leaders adopted a ban on horse slaughter for human consumption in Oklahoma, according to the report, was because it was found in what was supposed to be beef hamburgers in a couple of fast-food restaurants back in the early 1960s.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2013, 12:41:06 pm »

I don't have any issues with this, like they said many of the horses are in grim shape and if they are NOT slautered here they will go to another state for the slauter. Mary Fallin signed the bill.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2013, 05:20:32 pm »

I don't have any issues with this, like they said many of the horses are in grim shape and if they are NOT slautered here they will go to another state for the slauter. Mary Fallin signed the bill.

How could you be so wrong? Do you actually ever try to research and learn anything before you post your thoughts?

It is illegal to do this in every other state.

Next time you want to post a thought, let it go.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TeeDub
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013, 10:02:29 am »

Who cares what shape the horses are in?    If the slaughterhouse is willing to pay more than someone else to turn it into dog food/gellatin/glue/whatever than don't they deserve the ability to do it and turn a profit?

I don't see people up in arms trying to protect cows or pigs, but then again, I guess they aren't as cute.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 11:33:35 am »

I don't see people up in arms trying to protect cows or pigs, but then again, I guess they aren't as cute.

Arnold from Green Acres would probably have disagreed.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org