A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:10:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TulsaNow tour of Aloft Hotel  (Read 8641 times)
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« on: April 03, 2013, 08:15:22 am »

TulsaNow will be offering tours of the recently-remodeled former City Hall building on April 11th, starting at 5pm. You will get to see the ins-and-outs of the new Downtown Aloft Hotel before it opens. These tours are open to the public, but reservations are required.

Reservations are on a first come, first served basis. Click here to make your reservation.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:30:07 am »

I want to go on this tour. This family brought the Mayo hotel back to life after more than a decade of sitting dormant. Now they are building another hotel in another vacant building.

They are stepping up and spending millions to renovate this building and adding new restaurants at the same time.

I thank them for doing it. The fact that tax dollars are being spent to open the street for access is irrelevant to me. The Fire department insists on it to make it a hotel. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:13:00 am by Admin » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
davideinstein
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 02:55:05 pm »

Made a reservation for two, may just be me, but I'll see you guys there regardless.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:13:08 am by Admin » Logged
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 08:16:37 am »

I went on a tour a few weeks ago, I was very impressed. the rooms are one of a kind to Tulsa, great floor to ceiling windows, great layouts and I think the most "cool" factor will be the lobby, XYZ bar and pool...this is going to be another gem for downtown Tulsa and a boost to the image of our city.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 08:25:03 am »

great floor to ceiling windows,

I am not fond of windows that go all the way down to the floor.  I like the false sense of security that a bit of solid wall above the floor level gives.  It's a lot like guard rails on a bridge.  I've never hit one but a bridge with no side guards would be spooky.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:52:13 am »

The aLoft website lists May 9th as the opening date, just a little more than a month.
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 07:20:25 pm »

I guess I missed my chance to register. Any chance that additional spots will open up?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 05:31:58 am »

I guess I missed my chance to register. Any chance that additional spots will open up?
email info@tulsanow.org
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 10:32:25 pm »

Thanks for putting together the tour.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 09:16:54 am »

The new XYZ bar/patio, built in what was previously a hole in the plaza.

5th street check in desk. They have to build another one for temporary use on the ground floor.

5th street "before" picture. The road will take out the penguin fountain then split on both sides of the staircase.

One of the rooms. Half the rooms are double beds. Run $129-$169 door rate.

Banquet area for about 350 people

View out of a south-side room
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:19:10 am by sgrizzle » Logged
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 11:48:23 am »

Looks like it is coming along.  I completely forgot about the tour yesterday and kept painting away on a mural I was working on then remembered once I was on my way home.  Thanks for the pics!

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »

News on 6 did a story on it. One of their reporters was on the tour.
http://www.newson6.com/story/21949504/take-a-sneak-peak-at-new-downtown-hotel-in-old-tulsa-city-hall-building
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org