A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:40:18 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Center of the Universe Festival  (Read 17486 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 11:11:26 am »

Some really great ideas were discussed around here on previous threads about stimulating usage of the trolleys. I think its going to be a tough battle to get the public used to them. A big part of the formula is that the demos have changed since those trolleys were introduced. The disposable income available to downtown evening partiers is large enough that they don't look at the trolleys as an option. Simply put, they aren't cool anymore. They go for cabs, limos and party buses or they walk. They do appeal to older folks like me or RA but those folks don't dominate the downtown after hours scene.

In other words they are looking for a red barn with a blue light. To me the trolleys should concentrate on moving daytime crowds and blow off the after 5 business. that was Bill White's model and would truly benefit your business.

Well the "cool" stuff sounds like it's available, so no problem there.  I like your idea about the daytime crowds and the trolley.  Get that going and I will see what I can do to help.  Let me know.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org