A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:05:03 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Center of the Universe Festival  (Read 17559 times)
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« on: March 28, 2013, 01:05:20 pm »

http://centeroftheuniversefestival.com/
https://www.facebook.com/CoUFest

just curious if anyone knows anything about this.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 01:09:44 pm »

http://centeroftheuniversefestival.com/
https://www.facebook.com/CoUFest

just curious if anyone knows anything about this.

They're keeping it pretty quiet for now but from everything I've been told, it's going to be pretty cool.

They plan on the announcement soon.
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:14:59 pm »

They're keeping it pretty quiet for now but from everything I've been told, it's going to be pretty cool.

They plan on the announcement soon.

cool. thanks!
they are definitely creating a buzz with the teasing.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 02:53:25 pm »

...if a thing cannot be disproven, it is thereby proven....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:21:24 pm »

Yes. What I have heard is it's in the Brady, it's free (?), it's in the end of July, it's major entertainment, it's country western, yadadadadooo.

Wish them the best. I just don't understand why it's in the dead of summer on concrete. People are worried about rain and severe weather and yield from April-May (Mayfest) and September-October (Fair).

Best of luck to Phillip!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 10:31:12 pm »

Yes. What I have heard is it's in the Brady, it's free (?), it's in the end of July, it's major entertainment, it's country western, yadadadadooo.

Wish them the best. I just don't understand why it's in the dead of summer on concrete. People are worried about rain and severe weather and yield from April-May (Mayfest) and September-October (Fair).

Best of luck to Phillip!

It's not on concrete. 
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 12:42:04 pm »

It's not on concrete.  

That's right...it's surrounded in concrete.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSg1AxVoG1I[/youtube]

The gentleman in charge of the Route 66 marathon is also involved.....
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 12:55:34 pm »

That's right...it's surrounded in concrete.

The gentleman in charge of the Route 66 marathon is also involved.....

We get it.  Your properties are not downtown.  You don't like downtown.  You want things to happen outside of downtown.

It makes you want to put down everything happening that's not in your property development.  That's a shame.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 01:03:23 pm »

We get it.  Your properties are not downtown.  You don't like downtown.  You want things to happen outside of downtown.

It makes you want to put down everything happening that's not in your property development.  That's a shame.

My property is my home. I have no other properties. If I were a developer, I'd go downtown and do a project like Mirabella Portland. I've been touting this idea for 3 years. Unfortunately, young people today are only interested in themselves which explains the mediocrity in the restaurants in downtown as well as the number of boozeries.

This crap commentary directed at me ruins the little credibility you have which is one of the reasons I still poke around on this board.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324685104578386430920111650.html#slide/1

You're shameful....
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 01:14:32 pm »

My property is my home. I have no other properties. If I were a developer, I'd go downtown and do a project like Mirabella Portland. I've been touting this idea for 3 years. Unfortunately, young people today are only interested in themselves which explains the mediocrity in the restaurants in downtown as well as the number of boozeries.

This crap commentary directed at me ruins the little credibility you have which is one of the reasons I still poke around on this board.

You're shameful....

Great, you stop commenting, I'll stop.  Maybe someone new will come in and add more the the forum than you and I do.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 08:56:07 pm »

Great, you stop commenting, I'll stop.  Maybe someone new will come in and add more the the forum than you and I do.

I'm already here....

Just kidding!!  Really!!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 05:27:19 am »

If I were a developer, I'd go downtown and do a project like Mirabella Portland.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324685104578386430920111650.html#slide/1

I'll live there.
davideinstein
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 07:30:27 am »

You're shameful....

We have too many upscale properties like that already. We need more affordable downtown living which will attract an arts crowd. After that, the high rollers will flock (Just like they did in SF, then Portland).
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 09:16:53 am »

I'll live there.

It looks a bit too much like living in a Hotel to me.  OK for a visit but not my first choice for a permanent residence.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 09:46:31 am »

The rippling waters woud keep me up at night.
I'm used to the sound of rolling tires at 3 a.m.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org