A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:24:29 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Peppers  (Read 8551 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 08:50:38 pm »

You, sir, are a freak. Wink

I believe we got some which were mislabeled.  One thing about Hatch which I find is unique is the burn is back of the tongue and further down whereas habanero, cayenne, jalapeño when too hot attacks the tip of the tongue and lips which ruins the rest of the meal.

You sir, are a woose.   Grin

One really does get used to the heat and able to discriminate the taste.  I'll let you know after tomorrow since I put a Ghost Pepper in my lunch salad.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 08:57:41 pm »

When I first had Hatch chili's several years ago, I found them quite tasty and really made the nachos the ex and I were sharing really good. 15 minutes later I had to ask the bartender if the AC had quit working as I sat sweating, his response, "First time having hatch chili's?"

Hatch Chilies really are tasty but in the big heat ratings of peppers, they are not that hot. They are more like a medium hot.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 12:26:07 am »

Hatch Chilies really are tasty but in the big heat ratings of peppers, they are not that hot. They are more like a medium hot.

This was my first foray into hatch chilis and got used to them after that, and was the begining of my trying different peppers back in 1999. Like I noted I really liked them.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 06:32:59 am »

This was my first foray into hatch chilis and got used to them after that, and was the begining of my trying different peppers back in 1999. Like I noted I really liked them.

OK

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 06:06:20 pm »

Skeet's is the only additive that can help me choke down quinoa. That is all.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 06:34:21 pm »

Ghost pepper in my lunch salad didn't add much flavor.  It was hot but I was able to eat it.  I am going back to Habos.  I like their flavor.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 06:59:49 pm »

Ghost pepper in my lunch salad didn't add much flavor.  It was hot but I was able to eat it.  I am going back to Habos.  I like their flavor.

Habos are the more flavorful of the hotter peppers. Had the scorpion recently, much hotter but similar flavor. Ghost is nothing but heat.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 08:24:06 pm »

Habos are the more flavorful of the hotter peppers. Had the scorpion recently, much hotter but similar flavor. Ghost is nothing but heat obnoxious.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 09:30:58 pm »

Habos are the more flavorful of the hotter peppers. Had the scorpion recently, much hotter but similar flavor. Ghost is nothing but heat obnoxious.

I made some salsa/sauce last year using Ghost Peppers.  I scraped the inside of the peppers to remove as much heat as possible.  A 12 oz can of tomato paste diluted to salsa consistency required 6 peppers (+onion and cilantro) to get the pepper flavor to be noticeable.  It was hot but not killer hot.  I liked it but habos are much better.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:33:46 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 09:35:10 am »

Hot Peppers & Cold Green peppers. Undecided

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org