A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:09:46 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Hunters Raid Wrong House, Shoot Dog  (Read 4915 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« on: March 14, 2013, 06:29:49 pm »

OKLAHOMA CITY  -- A search for a fugitive ends with bounty hunters shooting a dog and tasering a man... and it's all caught on camera. Fox 25's Kisha Henry spoke with the homeowners about what happened.

This isn't the first incident of its kind. In August of 2011, a family in Midwest City says they were held hostage by a group called the "Bounty Boys," who were looking for a fugitive in the wrong home. Tonight, another group of bounty hunters could soon see possible charges.

The cellphone video shows the homeowners open the door. They say the bounty hunters had already opened the screen door, so their dog, Buck, ran out into the yard. The video shows Buck running at one of the men barking. As the man starts to fall over, he points his gun at the dog and shoots. "You didn't have to shoot my dog!" shouts Roger, the homeowner.

"He was just menacing him, just barking at his feet, and his head was down and the guy just went 'boom' and shot him in the back of his head," says Theresa Hinkle, who lives in the home.

"He (expletive) killed Bucky!" shouts Roger.

Hinkle and Roger say the bounty hunters approached their home Friday morning in search of a man named Clifford, and pounded on the door. "They said, 'Roger, if you don't want to go to jail, open this door.' And, (Roger) thought they were police, so he opened the door, and as he opened the door, they had the screen door open, which is always supposed to be latched," says Theresa.

Theresa says the men did not identify themselves until after they used a taser on the homeowner.

"What the (expletive) is going on!" shouts Buck, distressed over his dog.

"You need to back up or I'm going to drop you," says the man carrying the camera. Shortly after, the taser went off.

"He was just laying on his face, shaking," says Theresa.

"That's illegal. We need to stop that kind of stuff," says Sen. Ralph Shortey, Oklahoma City- (R). He says there are currently no regulations on bounty hunters. He says they break state laws every day, and he plans to change that by regulating and licensing them with Senate Bil 1013. "When they are chasing someone in a car, that's stalking. When they enter someone's house without permission, that's breaking and entering. When they take someone into custody without having a bondsman's license, that's kidnapping," says Sen. Shortey. He notes the August 2011 incident with the group "The Bounty Boys." "They broke into somebody's house and held an entire family at bay for two hours. They basically held them hostage and nothing was done," says Shortey, referring to the fact that charges have still not been filed. "People should not have to worry about whether or not they're going to be held hostage by someone they think has the authority to do that," says Sen. Shortey.

"When he tased Roger, he came into the house and shut the door and waited for police, so I felt like I was being held hostage in my home by someone I don't know, who has no authority to do that," says Theresa.

"We need to create a process where, if someone does that, they will be held legally accountable," says Sen. Shortey. His bill will require four phases of CLEET training for bounty hunters, including a psychological test to carry a firearm. They would be trained just like law enforcement and would require a license to fulfill their duties. Their will also be rules-- such as, you cannot be a bounty hunter if you are a felon. So far, the bill has passed the Senate and now awaits a hearing in the House.

"I want no one else to go through this, ever," says Theresa. "Just don't open your door until you see an ID and a warrant through the peephole. Because you don't know who those people are," she adds.

The bail bonds agency, Ken Boyer Bail Bonds released this statement:

"When it is necessary to apprehend a fugitive, I contract with a licensed Private Investigative company that has years of experience, and I require them to audio and video record the entire arrest.
The Confidential informant told the Private Investigators that the fugitive was at the house.
We knew the man living at the house has had serious arrests for Burglary, Domestic Abuse by Strangulation and Drug Charges.
The man living there was hiding the criminal fugitive.
The Private Investigators knocked on the door for several minutes giving him plenty of time to put the dog in a bedroom before the resident opened the door.
The Private Investigators clearly stated that they were there for Bail Enforcement.
It is very unfortunate that the dog got out and charged the Investigator. The Investigator drew and fired his firearm at the very last possible second. He had no choice.
Oklahoma Private Investigators arrest thousand of Fugitives per year with very few incidents.
Thank you
Ken Boyer Bail Bonds."
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:18:40 am »

"Such as, you cannot be a bounty hunter if you are a felon!"

So if this was to pass. Then "Dog the Bounty Hunter" would be out of a job?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:34:40 am »

"Such as, you cannot be a bounty hunter if you are a felon!"
So if this was to pass. Then "Dog the Bounty Hunter" would be out of a job?

They have to be some sort of genius to lie about what's on their own video:

http://delcity.kfor.com/news/crime/107471-caught-tape-bounty-hunter-shoots-dog-tases-man#ooid=90YjQ2YToFuFzlVbFknhfJrfsxCV0GTS

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 12:42:59 pm »

And require a defined, identifiable uniform.

That dog was very obviously trying to play.  He definitely was not attacking.  Arrogant a-hole idiots (bounty hunters).

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:49 pm »

I think Ken Boyer Bail Bonds might come to regret that letter of non-apology. Some lawyer is going to take him for an expensive ride for this crap. I hope the bounty hunters go to jail too.   
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 02:06:20 pm »

I think Ken Boyer Bail Bonds might come to regret that letter of non-apology. Some lawyer is going to take him for an expensive ride for this crap. I hope the bounty hunters go to jail too.   

The legal maneuvering yet to come will be interesting.

Bounty hunter charged with assault and battery

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanews/mid-del/Court-documents-Bounty-hunter-shoots-MWC-family-s-dog/-/9843974/19333838/-/mmnnapz/-/index.html
http://kfor.com/2013/03/14/bounty-hunters-expected-to-face-charges-for-tasing-man-shooting-dog/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 02:46:56 pm »

And require a defined, identifiable uniform.

That dog was very obviously trying to play.  He definitely was not attacking.  Arrogant a-hole idiots (bounty hunters).

That bounty hunter is lucky he's not shitting bullet fragments.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 05:37:22 pm »

That bounty hunter is lucky he's not shitting bullet fragments.

Marshall said, “When he swole his fist up at me, that’s all it takes.”

That's a stock LEO phrase used to justify pepper-spraying, so someone may have been covering for them... until now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org