A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:52:05 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RUMOR] 1st Place Tower to be Abandoned  (Read 8213 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 03:26:37 pm »

I agree that Kanbar and the available space downtown "could get" creative to open more of their vacant space to small business and do pretty well, offering some start up space at discounted rates etc..I really don't know if Kanbar is regretting buying these or what the story is anymore...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 03:34:00 pm »

I used to work in the building. It’s been about seven years but the systems in the building needed overhauling even then. I’m not sure Kanbar has been putting that kind of money into his buildings so I doubt anything has been fixed. While the first floor is nice the upper floors needed some work.

The lower floors are the only ones that are any good for large employers, the floor plates are so small above 19 it doesn’t make much sense. It would make cool condos and there’s a tunnel from First Place over to the Main Street garage.

Below 20 it can be disconcerting the way the two buildings (it’s really two buildings) are connected. The original building is 19 floors and doesn’t move much. It’s connected via a rubber gasket to the 41 floor tower which moves a lot. You can stand on 19, or any of the upper floors of the shorter building, with a foot in each building and it’s more than a little freaky to feel the buildings move against each other. It’s really freaky to hear and feel during a storm.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org