A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:28:27 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MeTV Tulsa  (Read 8046 times)
marc
Activist

« on: February 27, 2013, 02:09:48 am »

I know this is old news, MeTV came to Tulsa back in July 2012, but I couldn't pick it up until December when I got a DVR box. It's my favorite station now! The programs seem to be shown in their entirety, with no cutting material to add more commercials like TV Land, SyFy and almost everyone else does. I smile every time they run the MeTV Tulsa station ID at the top of each hour (yeah, I need to get out more).

http://www.examiner.com/article/metv-replaces-thecooltv-on-channel-23-2-kokidtv2

http://www.satelliteguys.com/threads/289660-MeTv-comes-to-Tulsa

Any more MeTV aficionados out there in Tulsa and Green Country? It's showing my age (well past 50), but I like the old shows much better than current television fare.

My favorites include The Fugitive and Thriller (both on "noir" Sunday nights), The Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Night Gallery, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, The Odd Couple and The Dick Van Dyke Show, as well as the various westerns like The Rebel and The Rifleman. Honey West is another one I want to see, but haven't been able to catch it yet.

MeTV is at KOKI 23.2 as a digital subchannel and on cable channel 73. I don't know if the satellite dishes carry it or not.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:22:42 am »

I use streaming media for most of my TV/movie watching now, but for live TV I kept basic cable since I have a house with a lot of TV's but poor reception. This is one of the roughly dozen channels I have and I've watched a few Twilight Zone episodes. Nice to have a channel not showing news at 10pm.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:24:01 am »

I use streaming media for most of my TV/movie watching now, but for live TV I kept basic cable since I have a house with a lot of TV's but poor reception. This is one of the roughly dozen channels I have and I've watched a few Twilight Zone episodes. Nice to have a channel not showing news at 10pm.

you know, basic cable "streams" over the air (broadcast tv) for free.
just get yourself an antenna
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 07:25:57 am »

you know, basic cable "streams" over the air (broadcast tv) for free.
just get yourself an antenna

...since I have a house with a lot of TV's but poor reception

I take that to mean antennas don't help.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 09:57:46 am »

Antennae, like specialization, are for insects
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 01:32:28 pm »

My house appears to be in a valley surrounded by lead trees. My parents live nearby but in a slightly better coverage area and they have been through a dozen different antennas until they finally got to a point where they can get "most" channels poorly.

I could buy 6 different powered antennas and get a couple of channels in or pay $20 and not F with it.

It's kinda like changing my oil. I could go buy a filter wrench, buckets, filters and oil or I could go sit in a room for 15 minutes and hand a guy $20.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:46:18 pm by sgrizzle » Logged
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:13 pm »

It's kinda like changing my oil ... I could go sit in a room for 15 minutes and hand a guy $20.

Where can you still get an oil change for $20?  Tongue (Same complaint applies to cable TV)

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 06:05:43 pm »

I got an oil change for $12 + materials

Then they closed

I think I pay $40 now for oil change, wash and light detail.

Basic Cable is $20 and it includes all major networks even (CW and MyTV) in HD. Not to mention HD looks better on basic than it did on my DVR.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:16 pm »

I got an oil change for $12 + materials

I think I pay $40 now for oil change, wash and light detail.

The last time I bought 4 qts of oil and a filter at WalMart, it was about $25.  Add $12 and you're up to $37.  So you are getting a wash and light detail for $3.  Sounds like a good deal to me.  (Except I have a squeaky wallet and still change my own oil and filter.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org