A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:37:24 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Woody Guthrie Center  (Read 10837 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 10:15:31 am »

Whew!  Had to brush off the cobwebs and do some dusting just to get back into this thread...

I "get" to do a bit of travel from time to time for various reasons, but in a couple of weeks I am gonna be within short driving distance and try to make it by the Guthrie Center!   Should be interesting - almost a pilgrimage of sorts.  And they have a new roof, too!!  Also gonna try to eat at the restaurant!!   Different name, same location.

Not the town in Iowa....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 11:23:29 am »

Whew!  Had to brush off the cobwebs and do some dusting just to get back into this thread...

I "get" to do a bit of travel from time to time for various reasons, but in a couple of weeks I am gonna be within short driving distance and try to make it by the Guthrie Center!   Should be interesting - almost a pilgrimage of sorts.  And they have a new roof, too!!  Also gonna try to eat at the restaurant!!   Different name, same location.

Not the town in Iowa....

Do you not live in Tulsa and you're travelling here and get to visit the Guthrie Center? I don't know what you mean that they have a new roof and restaurant. The Woody Guthrie Center is just a museum without a rooftop access for the public and no restaurant.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 11:48:05 am »

Do you not live in Tulsa and you're travelling here and get to visit the Guthrie Center? I don't know what you mean that they have a new roof and restaurant. The Woody Guthrie Center is just a museum without a rooftop access for the public and no restaurant.

I live in Tulsa - and haven't had the chance to get to the local one yet, which is really irksome.  Life gets in the way sometimes.  And travel will give me the chance to get to the original Guthrie Center first....go figure.  And they serve free lunch every Wednesday!!   Strange how it works out sometimes.  Also the scene of one of my favorite movies...  Just love Officer Obie!!

As for the restaurant, well just walk right in, it's around the back...just a half a mile from the railroad track!

https://guthriecenter.org/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 12:53:58 pm »

I live in Tulsa - and haven't had the chance to get to the local one yet, which is really irksome.  Life gets in the way sometimes.  And travel will give me the chance to get to the original Guthrie Center first....go figure.  And they serve free lunch every Wednesday!!   Strange how it works out sometimes.  Also the scene of one of my favorite movies...  Just love Officer Obie!!

As for the restaurant, well just walk right in, it's around the back...just a half a mile from the railroad track!

https://guthriecenter.org/

Ok, this post was about the Woody Guthrie Center in Tulsa so I didn't realize you were referring to another one elsewhere. That is neat there's another one. That looks and sounds nice.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 01:08:07 pm »

Ok, this post was about the Woody Guthrie Center in Tulsa so I didn't realize you were referring to another one elsewhere. That is neat there's another one. That looks and sounds nice.

Most closely related I could find - with a good opportunity to tie in to an older version related not just by topic, but by blood (family). 

Was kind of wondering if anyone would get the references before I had to be so explicit, but it just tells me the relatively younger age of many here.  At least younger than me...

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 09:16:25 am »

I live in Tulsa - and haven't had the chance to get to the local one yet, which is really irksome.  Life gets in the way sometimes. 

It's been open 6 days a week for four and a half years... you've been busy.  Cool

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 09:37:46 am »

It's been open 6 days a week for four and a half years... you've been busy.  Cool

I am away 5 - sometimes 6 - days a week - and not even a truck driver anymore!  Typical "home time" leaves about 12 - 14 hours of actual time per week to do all the stuff related to home ownership, car maintenance, and personal life.  Part of the "horde" - grandkids - converged last week for a few days and I only got 2 days with them!  I haven't even been able to get to Decopolis since before Christmas and I love going in there to just walk around and look!  This weekend doesn't look much better...

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 08:48:10 pm »

I am away 5 - sometimes 6 - days a week - and not even a truck driver anymore!  Typical "home time" leaves about 12 - 14 hours of actual time per week to do all the stuff related to home ownership, car maintenance, and personal life.  Part of the "horde" - grandkids - converged last week for a few days and I only got 2 days with them!  I haven't even been able to get to Decopolis since before Christmas and I love going in there to just walk around and look!  This weekend doesn't look much better...

First friday is a good time, if you're home/off then.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org