A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:10:13 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here blizzard, blizzard, blizzard!  (Read 72139 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2014, 01:29:51 pm »

You brought up Randi, so let's see what he has to say:

As I've indicated, I do not deny the finding of GW. AGW, to me, is less clear, though I accept that it is likely true.

"While we are both amateurs, I think it behooves us to give in to those who have devoted their professional lives to understanding this complex subject. And what they have to say can be boiled down to this: the world is warming and humankind is responsible for at least half of that rise in global average temperatures."
Accepted.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/806-i-am-not-qdenyingq-anything.html

What's that? Even the most famous skeptic of the modern era is of the belief that global warming is a phenomenon that actually exists, which many here refuse to believe is even happening, instead perversely arguing that the global average temperature is decreasing. Not only that, but in his own words "AGW ... is likely true".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:32:51 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2014, 01:55:59 pm »

You brought up Randi, so let's see what he has to say:
Accepted.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/806-i-am-not-qdenyingq-anything.html

What's that? Even the most famous skeptic of the modern era is of the belief that global warming is a phenomenon that actually exists, which many here refuse to believe is even happening, instead perversely arguing that the global average temperature is decreasing. Not only that, but in his own words "AGW ... is likely true".

Most famous?  Up until today, I’d never heard of James Randi.  He’s a magician and escape artist.  In other words his scientific standing on the subject is as relevant as yours or mine.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »

Most famous?  Up until today, I’d never heard of James Randi.  He’s a magician and escape artist.  In other words his scientific standing on the subject is as relevant as yours or mine.

Ya beat me to it. Kudos my thoughts exactly.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2014, 03:30:34 pm »

I'll make you famous.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2014, 04:44:14 pm »

Dolfan brought him up, not me.  Roll Eyes

(and yes, he is pretty much the most famous woo-debunker out there)

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2018, 11:09:04 am »

Despite their journalistic decline, its good we can still depend on KRMG for good local weather reporting.

Blizzard warning in effect north-northeast of Tulsa
https://www.krmg.com/news/local/blizzard-warning-effect-north-northeast-tulsa/yJ81Za5fmHvJdekZousGkJ/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org