A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:51:10 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here blizzard, blizzard, blizzard!  (Read 72191 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2014, 11:52:35 am »

If global warming was real, why do they have to doctor data to make it real? Global warming is a hoax,  the globe is cooling off ice at both poles is growing. Anyone remember the global warming scam called "Climate Gate" back in 2007? My guess is the planet is heading toward something like "The Little Ice Age".. The warmest year of the 20th century was 1934.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2014, 11:54:59 am »

Saur agrees with you Guido. Think on that, think long and hard on that.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2014, 11:58:06 am »

If global warming was real, why do they have to doctor data to make it real? Global warming is a hoax,  the globe is cooling off ice at both poles is growing. Anyone remember the global warming scam called "Climate Gate" back in 2007? My guess is the planet is heading toward something like "The Little Ice Age".. The warmest year of the 20th century was 1934.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:20 pm »

www.iceagenow.com  > Click around the links also google has lots of info when you put in "Global warming hoax" The 5th article down on the page is intresting.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:05:10 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2014, 01:06:00 pm »

LOL that iceagenow page is funny.  Its basically a huge list of "look at all these weather patterns that are changing".  Yeah that is what global warming/climate change is.  The argument isn't over the warming the argument is over if its man made or not.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »

Fairly sure the human race is going to die out long before Global Warming kills us.

Happy Valentines day!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2014, 02:36:07 pm »

www.iceagenow.com  > Click around the links also google has lots of info when you put in "Global warming hoax" The 5th article down on the page is intresting.

Let's review:

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2014, 03:21:53 pm »

That’s a pretty graphic awake.

Survey: Geoscientists, Engineers Are Global Warming Skeptics
Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies. Nearly two-thirds of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem.

The survey results show geoscientists and engineers hold similar views as meteorologists. Two recent surveys of meteorologists (summarized here and here) revealed similar skepticism of alarmist global warming claims.

Read the new survey results here.

http://joannenova.com.au/2013/02/most-geoscientists-and-engineers-are-global-warming-skeptics/

Link to specific study: http://oss.sagepub.com/content/33/11/1477.full

If your job were dependent upon man-made global warming being real, wouldn’t you work every day at promoting your hypothesis whether or not you actually believed it?

Simply saying, there’s as much ulterior motive for this in the scientific community as their is in the political community.  Don’t think for one second that science is so perfect it cannot be corrupted by personal agendas.  That has happened for thousands of years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2014, 04:54:02 pm »

That’s a pretty graphic awake.

Link to specific study: http://oss.sagepub.com/content/33/11/1477.full

If your job were dependent upon man-made global warming being real, wouldn’t you work every day at promoting your hypothesis whether or not you actually believed it?

Simply saying, there’s as much ulterior motive for this in the scientific community as their is in the political community.  Don’t think for one second that science is so perfect it cannot be corrupted by personal agendas.  That has happened for thousands of years.

That's a complete cop out and not how science works and you know it. Even if that were the case for some individuals there's a ton of money behind the bad science to discount global warming, a lot more than is in favor.

Your study is an example. The headline and article you quoted is a lie. That's not what your study is about. I looked into that. It is NOT a survey of climate scientists. It is a survey of geoscientists and engineers that work in or regulate the petroleum industry. The purpose of the survey is to determine what level of climate change denial there is in the Petroleum Industry.

From the paper's abstract:
By linking notions of the science or science fiction of climate change to the assessment of the adequacy of global and local policies and of potential organizational responses, we contribute to the understanding of ‘defensive institutional work’ by professionals within petroleum companies, related industries, government regulators, and their professional association.

It's studying professionals in the petroleum industry and how they as a group work to deny the accepted science of climate change.

You have been fooled by people who lie and are well paid by the petroleum industry to do so. Example. The source of the lie from an article in Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/02/13/peer-reviewed-survey-finds-majority-of-scientists-skeptical-of-global-warming-crisis/

The writer is from the Heartland Institute, a Libertarian think tank that is a leading global warming denial organisation paid for by Koch and big Oil among others.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:02:18 pm by swake » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2014, 07:47:08 pm »

Saur agrees with you Guido. Think on that, think long and hard on that.

Go back a few pages and you will find Hoss agreeing with your point. Think about having that parrot on the same side as you.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2014, 08:34:36 pm »

Go back a few pages and you will find Hoss agreeing with your point. Think about having that parrot on the same side as you.
What is it with you insulting Hoss at every chance?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2014, 10:41:54 pm »

What is it with you insulting Hoss at every chance?

It makes him feel manly I guess.  It's like a fart in the wind to me.  Remember, this is the same guy who wouldn't even address me two years ago.  Now he evidently has some infatuation with me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2014, 03:18:08 am »

If your job were dependent upon denying man-made global warming being real, wouldn’t you work every day at promoting your hypothesis whether or not you actually believed it?

It's a lot harder to fire a tenured professor than it is a geologist at an oil company.

It continues to amaze me that we argue about it anyway. What difference does it make why the planet is warming. The fact of the matter is that this is a thing that is happening, and it will cause hundreds of trillions of dollars in direct damage from sea level rise alone if left unchecked. Sticking our heads in the sand only serves to magnify the losses. It's not as if when faced with other challenges from mother nature we've just thrown up our hands and decided to do nothing. You may note that our country is thick with flood control dams, levees, etc. People build safe rooms. They build earthquake-resistant buildings. But when it comes to a warming planet, a large segment of our populace has decided to just outright ignore it.

Jesus take the wheel, writ large, I guess?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2014, 09:41:50 am »

What difference does it make why the planet is warming.

Mostly because it would lead to a correct response and maybe we wouldn't waste resources going in the wrong direction.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2014, 11:00:42 am »

Mostly because it would lead to a correct response and maybe we wouldn't waste resources going in the wrong direction.

Still not getting it. The planet is clearly warming outside the range of temperatures we humans have experienced since the beginning of written records. The increased atmospheric carbon dioxide levels are also the proximate cause of ocean acidification which is already having a significant effect on sea life. Why is irrelevant. That these things are happening is what is important.

What does the why get us that we actually need to know to prevent the consequences?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org