A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:56:47 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown tear downs. Voice your opinion.  (Read 18313 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« on: February 19, 2013, 12:55:53 pm »

From the webpage...

In consideration of the moratorium currently in place to address the teardown of downtown structures and creation of new surface parking lots, City Planning staff reviewed relevant zoning regulations and developed recommendations for the Tulsa Metropolitan Area Planning Commission to consider during its February 20th work session.

PLANiTULSA and the Downtown Area Master Plan recognize that losing existing structures for the creation of additional parking lots is detrimental to a vital, thriving downtown. A moratorium is currently in place to prevent the teardown of downtown structures, pending development of a longer-term solution.

Click on the photo below that represents your vision of how downtown Tulsa - within the Inner Dispersal Loop (IDL) - should look in future, then add a statement to support your position. One of the photos or options must be selected. The three options are: "More buildings, fewer parking spots", "Fewer buildings, more parking spots" or "Something else".

Go here... http://www.feedbacktulsa.org   

Sign in or "subscribe" if you haven't already, in order to voice your opinion.  Then click on the "Downtown Buildings and Parking policy" link

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:20:58 pm »

I wrote a few paragraphs in my opinion/feedback.

I hope the Tulsa World is watching.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:59:58 pm »

From the webpage...

In consideration of the moratorium currently in place to address the teardown of downtown structures and creation of new surface parking lots, City Planning staff reviewed relevant zoning regulations and developed recommendations for the Tulsa Metropolitan Area Planning Commission to consider during its February 20th work session.

PLANiTULSA and the Downtown Area Master Plan recognize that losing existing structures for the creation of additional parking lots is detrimental to a vital, thriving downtown. A moratorium is currently in place to prevent the teardown of downtown structures, pending development of a longer-term solution.

Click on the photo below that represents your vision of how downtown Tulsa - within the Inner Dispersal Loop (IDL) - should look in future, then add a statement to support your position. One of the photos or options must be selected. The three options are: "More buildings, fewer parking spots", "Fewer buildings, more parking spots" or "Something else".

Go here... http://www.feedbacktulsa.org   

Sign in or "subscribe" if you haven't already, in order to voice your opinion.  Then click on the "Downtown Buildings and Parking policy" link

You all better stop with the idea that all property downtown belongs to the public good. My guess is TW needs to liquidate property. They are not long for local ownership....
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 03:11:26 pm »

You all better stop with the idea that all property downtown belongs to the public good. My guess is TW needs to liquidate property. They are not long for local ownership....

Thanks.  I can't reply for anyone else but I'll file that right down here.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 03:19:56 pm »

Thanks.  I can't reply for anyone else but I'll file that right down here.

Townie, I really like your new avatar.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 03:21:42 pm »

Hypnotizing
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 03:46:18 pm »

Hypnotizing

She looks like a Dancer Toucher..wait, what?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 03:47:33 pm »

Reminds you of your second home?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:35 am »

Tulsans have spent millions on downtown. We do have a say on whether it has buildings in it or not. We can encourage preservation and we can discourage teardowns. Don't be so short sighted...if a rickety 200 year old blacksmith shop in the French Quarter can still be open for business then any of our relatively newer dowtown structures can be too.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 12:20:16 pm »

Tulsans have spent millions on downtown. We do have a say on whether it has buildings in it or not. We can encourage preservation and we can discourage teardowns. Don't be so short sighted...if a rickety 200 year old blacksmith shop in the French Quarter can still be open for business then any of our relatively newer dowtown structures can be too.

Uh, I'm just standing up to defend the law of the land and the property's owner rights. That reigns supreme over what Dick and Jane think oughta be done.

Reminds you of your second home?

Yes, all the time.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »

Uh, I'm just standing up to defend the law of the land and the property's owner rights. That reigns supreme over what Dick and Jane think oughta be done.

Yes, all the time.

Hey I am all for property owners rights to do what they want with their property.... problem is we already do not have that.  If we make it illegal in 90% plus of the city to build pedestrian/transit friendly developments, why can't we have less than 10% be required TO have that kind of development?  We are already told you can do this can't do that with our own property.  I would rather us be like Houston and have relatively no zoning, than have the mess we have now, a litany of "can't build this or that, must build like this" regulations.  But fewer people are fighting for that, actually haven't heard of any doing so.  So if that ain't gonna happen, gotta take the alternate route.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 01:48:03 pm »

Planning commission to consider proposal on new surface parking lots

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20130220_11_0_Apropo702656

A proposal presented Wednesday to the Tulsa Metropolitan Area Planning Commission by the city of Tulsa Planning Department would prohibit the creation of new surface parking lots as a principal use within the Inner Dispersal Loop.

Under the proposal, surface lots would be allowed as ancillary uses for buildings.

Surface parking lots may also be allowed through a special exception granted by the city's Board of Adjustment.

Surface lots are currently allowed by right within the IDL.

City Planning Director Dawn Warrick presented the proposed ordinance changes to commissioners at their Wednesday morning workshop.

Commissioners said they will hold a training session before making a recommendation to the City Council.

The council has banned demolishing downtown buildings for surface parking lots until the city can consider ordinance changes to that effect.

The proposal's main proponent, Councilor Blake Ewing, has said that the city's current policies allow downtown buildings to be demolished with little oversight.

Ordinance changes would empower the city to preserve historic buildings after decades of watching its skyline erode, Ewing has said.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20130220_11_0_Apropo702656
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 02:16:52 pm »

Yes, all the time.

So it's okay with you if your next door neighbor tears down their house and erects a church catering to Christian tea-bagging zealots?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 02:19:30 pm »

So it's okay with you if your next door neighbor tears down their house and erects a church catering to Christian tea-bagging zealots?

There's a visual.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 02:22:39 pm »

With building up to the property lines.  No allowance for parking is provided.  Don't forget the church bells, especially if you like to sleep in on Sunday mornings.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org