A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:27:48 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inhofe letter to constituent on global warming  (Read 1623 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: March 13, 2013, 03:38:38 pm »

I saw this on a listserve...

Thank you for your correspondence.  As your voice in Washington, I appreciate the opportunity to know your views on climate change.

As a father of four and a grandfather of twelve, I am extremely concerned that measures to address climate change would lower the quality of life and economic well-being of future generations.  When I became the Chairman of the Environment and Public Works Committee in 2003, I decided to closely examine the scientific evidence as to whether global warming was real, man-made, and potentially catastrophic, as many were asserting.  I learned from many credible scientists, who began to contact me about the issue, that the science behind global warming was, in fact, not settled. Additional research confirmed for me that the catastrophic global warming hypothesis was wrong. My skepticism was further confirmed in 2009 when leaked emails from scientists contributing to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) exposed that they manipulated data using flawed science to arrive at their so-called consensus claims.   

Nevertheless, the Obama Administration is determined to implement global warming regulations that will impose the largest tax increase in American history, generate higher energy prices, and destroy jobs with very little impact on global greenhouse gases.  Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) analysis has shown that cap-and-trade would fail to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, something its proponents claim is central to cap-and-trade legislation.  China has already passed the United States as the leading carbon dioxide emitter, and India is not far behind.  Without matching efforts to limit these gases among developing nations, the United States stands to lose thousands of jobs, many of which would go to countries without global warming regulations.  In reality, unilateral action would result in increased emissions globally, because efficient manufacturing in our country would be exported to less efficient countries without greenhouse gas emission restrictions.  I am thus committed to stopping legislation that would impose financial hardships on the American people under the auspices of providing a solution to climate change.

Thank you again for taking the time to express your concerns. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,

James M. Inhofe
United States Senator

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 08:28:33 am »

The entire second paragraph is quite factual.  Less regulation means lower cost of doing business and higher profits.  That's why manufacturing has exploded in India and China over the last 10-15 years while we've been shedding jobs.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org