A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:31:33 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lasalle's at 6th and Boston  (Read 4905 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: February 26, 2014, 02:24:51 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 601 S. Boston downtown Tulsa

Date/Time of Visit: 2/26/14 1:40 PM

Quality of Food (1-5): 4

Menu/Food Options (1-5): 3

Quality of Service (1-5): 5

Atmosphere (1-5): 3

Overall Rating (1-5): 4

Price ($-$$$$$):$

What makes this restaurant unique:

Lassalle's bills themselves as a New Orleans Deli. Their menu is Muffaletta sandwiches and Po' Boys with gumbo, red beans and rice, jambalaya, and sweets like pralines and Amaretto pudding.

I tried the pick2 special with a small shrimp Po'Boy and a small catfish Po'boy both for $8.19 ($8.89 with tax). They came on a four inch piece of French bread with tomato, lettuce, pickle and a sauce they called WOW sauce (tasted like thousand island dressing to me).

The bread was good and the shrimp Po'Boy was just what I expected. It contained 5 or six medium shrimp that were breaded and fried. The catfish sandwich was better and had a little more seafood. The catfish was cooked perfectly. I didn't try the gumbo yet and I look forward to trying the bread pudding on my next visit. I liked that they gave me to-go packets of Louisiana hot sauce.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good value for my money. I went pretty late for lunch and was the only customer and they had my food ready to go in less than five minutes. I met the owners and discussed their business and they said they were very successful last week selling out every day. They are trying to find a way to handle the great reception they are getting from downtown workers.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:49:45 pm by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 02:42:23 pm »

Sounds good Mike.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/food/tulsa-transplants-from-louisiana-share-favorite-new-orleans-recipes/article_93ed551f-5904-5ac9-866f-2659dd3f85b8.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:56:01 pm »

Recently noticed that I tend to go for a bread pudding for desert when it's on the menu so have had quite a few in my day lol.  Tried theirs the other day and must say it's probably one of the best if not the best I have ever had.  Nice sumptuous flavor/texture with the flaked almonds and amaretto sauce.  

When they asked me what I wanted I just said pick me something.  I can be an adventurous rebel that way.  Cool  So they said "How about the catfish Po Boy?", I said sure, though I was thinking, hmmm, not really a fan of fish sandwiches.  But, was pleasantly surprised to find I really liked it.  

As for the menu/food options.  I have always held to the belief that "less is more". Would rather go to a place that does a few things well rather than go to one where they hand you a book and your first thought is, "Something is not right about this. It's all likely going to taste the same and or be ready made frozen stuff."  The "too many options" thing was one of the negatives with the previous business in that space. You would look up at the menu and be overwhelmed with waaaay too many options.  

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org