A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:39:15 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Work on Williams Green  (Read 10085 times)
DTowner
City Father

« on: February 18, 2013, 11:14:00 am »

Anyone know what is going on with the Williams Green (i.e. the park at 3rd & Boston on the west side of the Performing Arts Center) ?  Last week it was fenced off (except for the Rotary area).  Now the stone path is being dug up.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 12:11:04 pm »

Hope the finish whatever they are doing in time for Mayfest.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:08:50 pm »

It's being changed like Oil in a Chevelle.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 10:07:39 am »

Mayfest's reply about the construction:

We’re working with them on a timeline.  It should be done by Mayfest…worst case scenario, the western half will be done, which will mean our stage area won’t be disrupted.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 10:24:27 am »

It's being changed like Oil in a Chevelle.

Often and pointlessly?
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 12:59:06 pm »

Looks like they are tearing out all the rock walkways.

They did some repairs 5 or 6 years ago but it was apparent when they were done more drastic renovation needed to occur. I'm guessing that is what they are doing.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 09:36:12 am »

Good news...the plaza has work going on...again; just in time for Mayfest...again
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 02:53:01 pm »

I’ve had a front row seat from my office window for this strange project.  After digging up the park last year, putting down a new sidewalk, laying sod and putting in metal park benches, it seemed they forgot the most important thing - trees.  This winter they came back, dug up all the new sod, cut down nearly all the few remaining trees and shrubs and planted lots of new trees.  Then they began laying irrigation pipe everywhere.  Now, it’s been bare dirt for weeks with piles of leftover pvc pipe scattered about.  I think today’s rain was the first significant water those new trees had since planting several months ago.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 03:09:08 pm »

I've been watching the work too.  It's a shame they had to tear so much of it back up again.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 04:17:07 pm »

I’ve had a front row seat from my office window for this strange project.  After digging up the park last year, putting down a new sidewalk, laying sod and putting in metal park benches, it seemed they forgot the most important thing - trees.  This winter they came back, dug up all the new sod, cut down nearly all the few remaining trees and shrubs and planted lots of new trees.  Then they began laying irrigation pipe everywhere.  Now, it’s been bare dirt for weeks with piles of leftover pvc pipe scattered about.  I think today’s rain was the first significant water those new trees had since planting several months ago.

They were installing irrigation last week when I walked by.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 08:01:33 am »

The irrigation work has been an on again/off again process over the past month.  Six guys showed up this morning and scratched around in the dirt for about an hour, unloaded bags of mulch or something and then left.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 08:44:18 am »

The irrigation work has been an on again/off again process over the past month.  Six guys showed up this morning and scratched around in the dirt for about an hour, unloaded bags of mulch or something and then left.

I watched the guy carrying the pipe a while back.  I added the Benny Hill song to the action to make it complete.

Not saying I'd do any better, but I wasn't in charge of the sprinklers that day.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 11:48:43 am »

The green was really looking great before Mayfest.

Then this morning, bright orange construction fencing went up around the water features.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 01:23:13 pm »

Think it will be ready for the carney food venders to set up their camp by Thursday?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 05:28:02 pm »

The green was really looking great before Mayfest.

Then this morning, bright orange construction fencing went up around the water features.

In previous years, Mayfest did that to keep people from partying into the drink.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org