A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:08:51 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Camille's empire copes with setbacks" and TW gets spanked  (Read 53463 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 02:17:25 pm »

I will be deactivating my twitter page, dropping my lawsuit and any claims against Sean Kelly to focus on my health and my family

- See more at: http://thislandpress.com/roundups/new-tulsa-world-publisher-faces-troubles-in-first-week/#sthash.rmC9H6Ou.dpuf

Hmmm, "focus on my health"?  Wonder if he's checked into Betty Ford yet.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 02:33:24 pm »

More. . .
http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/zivagate-letter-to-ziva-branstetter/

In a public apology posted last night (David Rutkauskas Apologizes, Will Drop Lawsuit), BBI CEO David Rutkauskas admits that he was not himself for several weeks, that he was filled with anger, that he was suffering from “extreme lows,” and that he was drinking heavily after years of sobriety.
Into this volatile and potentially dangerous situation, Tulsa World editor Ziva Branstetter provided Rutkauskas with the home address, family composition, wife’s name, cell phone numbers and personal financial history of the man who was the direct focus of his rage.
In the Urban Tulsa Weekly article that broke the story (Stranger than Fiction),  Jaime Adame wrote:  “Branstetter did not deny having provided information about Kelly to Rutkauskas. At the Tulsa World office, Branstetter met for about five minutes with a UTW reporter but declined to comment for this story…. Asked about Branstetter’s email, [David Rutkauskas] only remarked: ‘Whatever she sent me was in confidence, and I don’t want to get into stuff about that.’”

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 09:21:00 am »

Groupon today for Camille's Holiday Hills location.  Death rattle?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 09:47:30 am »

Hmmm, "focus on my health"?  Wonder if he's checked into Betty Ford yet.

The strange love displayed by the Tulsa World for BBI never made much sense, but at least we can now see the source.  That said, how long will the new owners of the World let this editor's conduct tarnish their new paper's brand?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 09:56:28 am »

I hope Ziva's resume is up to date!

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 10:04:21 am »

Groupon today for Camille's Holiday Hills location.  Death rattle?

BBI doesn't own that store. The owner also might just get a discount on the rent for that location.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 01:36:01 pm »

Apparently the story gets even stranger. . .

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 01:48:04 pm »

I hope Ziva's resume is up to date!

Losing another investigative reporter would be a loss for the community. 
Every once in a while people need to refocus, and it wasnt too long ago her family experienced a loss.  The right encouragement can go a long way.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 02:36:55 pm »

Every once in a while people need to refocus, and it wasnt too long ago her family experienced a loss.  The right encouragement can go a long way.

Perhaps.  But no one at the Tulsa World ever showed much curiosity as an investigative journalist towards the ever increasingly absurd claims of success by BBI.  It is telling that one of the World's investigative journalists felt it was ok to forward to Rutkauskas research she did on a critic of BBI/Rutkauskas obtained through the newspaper's research resources (even if most of the information was technically publicly available, most of this information was not necessariuly easily obtainable).  Credibility is a precious commodity and now she has none of it as far as I'm concerned.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 03:28:15 pm »

Apparently the story gets even stranger. . .

Not really, it's a franchise location and the owner is married to Sharon King Davis' daughter.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 03:35:35 pm »

That's no excuse for abusing her position as a reporter to help someone settle a personal vendetta. 

I see absolutely no difference in what she did than what the DOJ has done in investigating reporter emails.  It surprises me you wouldn't see that similarity yourself, considering you are pretty sensitive about government and police abuse of power when it comes to snooping on people.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 10:23:25 am »

I see absolutely no difference in what she did than what the DOJ has done in investigating reporter emails.  It surprises me you wouldn't see that similarity yourself, considering you are pretty sensitive about government and police abuse of power when it comes to snooping on people.

The appearances of impropriety are not lost on me, I just tend to view the two on different scales:  The need to individually council an employee versus large scale, systemic patterns of practice.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 10:35:40 am »

The appearances of impropriety are not lost on me, I just tend to view the two on different scales:  The need to individually council an employee versus large scale, systemic patterns of practice.

Since this calls the reporter's integrity into question, who is to say she hasn't snooped on other people at the behest of friends family, or simple  curiosity?  How would that settle with you if she's been creeping the pages here and decided to dredge all sorts of stuff on you for no purpose other than eventually using it against you or giving the information to someone else to use against you?

She ostensibly used her employer's assets for personal purposes un-related to her work and apparently for the purpose of defaming someone's character.  That could get her employer sued along with her.  BH Holdings is an easy target for a shot-gun lawsuit and it would be easy to point to lack of action or supervision if Sean Kelly wanted to bring suit for the Twitter attack if the emails came from the Tulsa World domain.  She also needs to answer for unbiased reporting on BBI if prospective franchisees have relied upon a press kit from BBI with Branstetter's sterling spoon-fed articles to make a purchasing decision with one of BBI's concepts.

Of course, anyone who uses the interwebs at work for anything but work is using employer assets for personal purposes, the difference is, most of us don't use it with the intent to help someone destroy the character of another person.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2013, 11:15:24 am »

Since this calls the reporter's integrity into question, who is to say she hasn't snooped on other people at the behest of friends family, or simple  curiosity?  How would that settle with you if she's been creeping the pages here and decided to dredge all sorts of stuff on you for no purpose other than eventually using it against you or giving the information to someone else to use against you?

She ostensibly used her employer's assets for personal purposes un-related to her work and apparently for the purpose of defaming someone's character.  That could get her employer sued along with her.  BH Holdings is an easy target for a shot-gun lawsuit and it would be easy to point to lack of action or supervision if Sean Kelly wanted to bring suit for the Twitter attack if the emails came from the Tulsa World domain.  She also needs to answer for unbiased reporting on BBI if prospective franchisees have relied upon a press kit from BBI with Branstetter's sterling spoon-fed articles to make a purchasing decision with one of BBI's concepts.

Of course, anyone who uses the interwebs at work for anything but work is using employer assets for personal purposes, the difference is, most of us don't use it with the intent to help someone destroy the character of another person.

If she used the Tulsa World's PACER account (public access to court electronic records), there may be some additional legal issues between the courts and the Tulsa World.  Not sure how the court views the distribution of such information to a third party for defamatory purposes.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2013, 12:26:32 am »

Not sure how the court views the distribution of such information to a third party for defamatory purposes.
Then why bring it up?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org