A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:57:32 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Camille's empire copes with setbacks" and TW gets spanked  (Read 54461 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2014, 12:59:47 pm »

Is that the one that shows Andy Griffith, or is that the other one?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2014, 01:39:52 pm »

Linda-Mar?  Srsly?

srsly.  Banner in the window and everything.

https://www.facebook.com/LindaMarDriveIn/posts/791460000877767
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:42:54 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2014, 03:06:35 pm »

Holy Irony Batman!  About five or six years ago, Chris Trail opened a second Ike’s at 51st & Union just a few doors to the west of Linda-Mar.  It lasted about six months or a year.  IIRC, David Sharp was a partner in that or they were trying to get David Sharp to partner up.  They were also talking to Beautiful Brands about franchising at that point.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2014, 03:07:32 pm »

Is that the one that shows Andy Griffith, or is that the other one?

LindaMar shows Andy on a set in the corner. The "other one" might be Arnolds hamburgers just west of Union. Not a bad place, and much better parking, I just never cared much for Happy Days decor.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2014, 03:08:23 pm »

Is that the one that shows Andy Griffith,

Yep, that’s the Linda-Mar.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2014, 07:11:47 pm »

Many places sell strawberry shakes.

Linda Mar sells cherry shakes.

Try one and thank me later.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2014, 09:01:02 pm »

I would never know to look at you that your culinary expertise is so profound.  Sounds like something I missed on their menu I should no longer miss.

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2014, 07:23:37 am »

40+ years in the same spot. Last time I had food from there was in the mid 90's and it was still as good as the first time in 1971.

There are those old-timers who will tell you that the current owners "f*cked up the fries."
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2014, 07:24:09 am »

Just spent a week in Hood River, OR.  Rode through the orchards on horseback grabbing cherries off the trees and eating them. Never was much of a cherry fan, but after that experience I can't get enough. I'll have to try this.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2019, 09:15:49 am »

LindaMar shows Andy on a set in the corner. The "other one" might be Arnolds hamburgers just west of Union. Not a bad place, and much better parking, I just never cared much for Happy Days decor.

Went to Arnolds temporary site re-opening in the Crystal City strip mall on a whim.  Lots of car collectors brought their babies and it was a nice (if not hectic) atmosphere.
I loved the taste of the burgers but was overwhelmed by the amount of salt.   Maybe that is the appeal?  Ill give it one more shot in 18 months when they have their "permanent" location ready.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/entertainment/dining/table-talk-arnold-s-old-fashioned-hamburgers-reopens-in-crystal/article_aae3cbd1-ba12-575e-b845-4d873ad498a8.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2019, 07:16:09 am »

Went to Arnolds temporary site re-opening in the Crystal City strip mall on a whim.  Lots of car collectors brought their babies and it was a nice (if not hectic) atmosphere.
I loved the taste of the burgers but was overwhelmed by the amount of salt.   Maybe that is the appeal?  Ill give it one more shot in 18 months when they have their "permanent" location ready.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/entertainment/dining/table-talk-arnold-s-old-fashioned-hamburgers-reopens-in-crystal/article_aae3cbd1-ba12-575e-b845-4d873ad498a8.html

This was the thing I did not like about Smashburger.  Way too salty for me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2019, 10:57:40 am »

They earned the name "Suckburger" for a reason.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2019, 08:03:14 pm »

I ate at Smashburger once about 8 or 9 years ago and have never been back. Too many other good burger places.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2019, 09:20:21 am »

And that is why I never went back.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2019, 05:14:36 pm »

We drove by and they were closed...Sunday, I think it was.  I never understood the attraction - they just aren't that good.  And the last time we went - which will always be the last time - both burgers were WAY too pink inside!  Like they had only drifted 'close' to the fire!  They tried to "fix" it by putting in the microwave for a while (at least that was the flavor profile the second time around) and giving us a $3 off coupon for our next visit.   Lol...

So many better places around.  And Lot-A-Burger has the perfect "too much salt" ratio down pat.!!  Much better than Arnold's.

But I guess there is always a market for just about any old kind of slop - El Charro up in Claremore has a huge fan base in that town!!   Some of the worst Tex-Mex on the planet.!!   They even have a couple of Listeria Palace Chinese places there that are better...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org