A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:37:46 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TU runner sets record in mile  (Read 4040 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: February 17, 2013, 07:38:16 pm »

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/c-track/recaps/021613aae.html

Power is nothing till you use it.
TylerBGoode
Activist

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:03:36 am »

Represent!

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:47:02 pm »

I caught the tail end of that story on the news yesterday and didn't even hear that it was a TU runner that did that. I was to much not believing that he or any other human being can run a mile in under four minutes.

I treadmill every night and it takes me just under thirteen minutes to do three quarters of a mile. (I'm not saying at what speed) But I can sure picture in my mind how fast that is. The mans a freak! Freak I say!

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 05:49:18 pm »

“Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.” -Roger Bannister

I love this quote from the man who did it first in 1954.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 07:02:28 pm »

I caught the tail end of that story on the news yesterday and didn't even hear that it was a TU runner that did that. I was to much not believing that he or any other human being can run a mile in under four minutes.

I treadmill every night and it takes me just under thirteen minutes to do three quarters of a mile. (I'm not saying at what speed) But I can sure picture in my mind how fast that is. The mans a freak! Freak I say!

The only way I'll ever do a 4 minute mile is on a bicycle.  This time of year (cool temps) on my lunch break walks,  I can usually do a mile in 15 minutes (4 mph).

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 08:35:45 pm »

Good on him!  I love watching the indoor mile, but couldn't find this one on Youtube.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 01:48:11 pm »

Very impressive running. Many runners were under the 4-minute mile. Good job!

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 01:56:00 pm »

The only way I'll ever do a 4 minute mile is on a bicycle.  This time of year (cool temps) on my lunch break walks,  I can usually do a mile in 15 minutes (4 mph).
If I rode a bike it'll likely take me longer to do a mile  than running it, I'm no cyclist, I can't cycle worth a hoot, the sport of cycling  never apealed to me.. Anyhoo, I can do a 8-minute mile, in some of my 5K races I paced at 8:13, but that is hard open throttle running for me. The 4-minute mile is very impressive. When I was younger back in the 1980's I was able to do some 7.5 mile paces on the Trinity Train in Fort Worth, Texas.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 02:08:27 pm »

If I rode a bike it'll likely take me longer to do a mile  than running it, I'm no cyclist, I can't cycle worth a hoot, the sport of cycling  never apealed to me.

So you're only a half-fast bicycle rider.

Grin

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 03:04:03 pm »

http://www.okc.gov/trails/   OKC is going ahead full speed building a network of jogging trails. It's looking good!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org