A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:41 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO?  (Read 8446 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 10:24:42 am »

Great to hear they still have it.  How long did they play?

The Who played a little over 2 hours.  Perhaps its "My Generation", but I did not enjoy the long middle of the Quadrophenia set as much as many of those around me who were of an older age range.  Once that was done, however, the last 30 minutes were great.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 04:13:00 pm »

That was very unique. Most concerts are a miz of new stuff and old hits. This was the entire Quadrophenia rock opera in order, then followed by their biggest hits.

The Quadrophenia stuff did a great job at looking back at the history of the band and the times, including video tributes to late drummer and bass player. I can see how if you were not a big fan of the album it would be odd and different.

I think the last half hour was as good as I have ever seen in concert.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 10:26:28 pm »

The Who was a tremendous show. As someone said the upper bowl was nearly full from what I could tell. We were in the lower bowl, right side of the stage about 3 sections back. Section 110 if I remember correctly.

We were also at the Kid Rock show and if it wasn't a sell out then it was damn close. I couldn't see an empty seat anywhere. We were in section 121 and everywhere I looked was packed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org