A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:22:42 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: Tulsa Officially Meth Capital of The World  (Read 15195 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 11:27:09 am »

I do quite well without it and yes, I'm an allergy sufferer.  I can't stand feeling like a criminal when I purchase it, so I simply don't.  There's other ways to deal with allergies.

I use chlortrimeton; while sudoephedrine works better longer, I don't mind taking the other more frequently as it typically works for what I need.

I just liked giving Conan hell for making a big deal about this last year...

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2013, 11:40:55 am »

I use chlortrimeton; while sudoephedrine works better longer, I don't mind taking the other more frequently as it typically works for what I need.

I just liked giving Conan hell for making a big deal about this last year...

Grin

It is a big deal.  Make it prescription only and that will help tighten the noose on manufacturers.  It has shown measurable results in other states where they have done this.  The nasal steroid I use is and it's not a great inconvenience for me to get a scrip.

Kiss

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 01:11:13 pm »

It is a big deal.  Make it prescription only and that will help tighten the noose on manufacturers.  It has shown measurable results in other states where they have done this.  The nasal steroid I use is and it's not a great inconvenience for me to get a scrip.

Kiss
Some of us can't afford things like doctors. 
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 01:25:09 pm »

You ain't lyin. I just had to pay 360 Dollars for my Doctor visit and Blood test just so he would refill my needed 4 Dollar Blood pressure pills.

But of course that's just once a year and I could avoid that charge if I would just pay 800 Dollars a Month for a Health care plan.
Hmm. 65 Dollars every three Months and the Blood test once a Year. Decisions, Decisions.....Gotta love "merica"

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 02:27:27 pm »

It's a big hardship on the owner of a rent house or the neighbors of an apartment which is damaged by an exploding meth lab as well.

Here's at least ten free or sliding scale health clinics in Tulsa, just FYI:

http://www.freemedicalsearch.org/cit/ok-tulsa

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 02:42:49 pm »

It's a big hardship on the owner of a rent house or the neighbors of an apartment which is damaged by an exploding meth lab as well.

If you have no ID, you can get free care at any of Tulsa's Catholic hospitals if you need it. Just leave your wallet at home.  Grin

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 02:45:35 pm »

If you have no ID, you can get free care at any of Tulsa's Catholic hospitals if you need it. Just leave your wallet at home.  Grin

Hey. I speak Spanglish real good......I gotta get a tan!

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

!
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 03:29:35 pm »

Hey. I speak Spanglish real good......I gotta get a tan!

Ask Boehner or Romney what bronzer they use.  You might find some on sale!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 08:03:09 pm »

If only we had a health care system that didn't cost an arm and a leg to go to that didn't require going to a clinic where you never know how things are going to turn out (free clinics are usually pretty minimal on what can be done, and don't exactly have the best docs in the biz available).  But I will look into the clinics that I did not realize we had, because I'm about 8 years due for my annual check up.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 09:10:38 am »

If only we had a health care system that didn't cost an arm and a leg to go to that didn't require going to a clinic where you never know how things are going to turn out (free clinics are usually pretty minimal on what can be done, and don't exactly have the best docs in the biz available).  But I will look into the clinics that I did not realize we had, because I'm about 8 years due for my annual check up.

Check for programs via TCC as well, Custo.  Definitely get a check up!

Tulsa is actually very well set for health care, but it's easy to get caught up in the rhetoric of the national discussion on it and not realize what our assets are here.  It wouldn't hurt if our options were a little better publicized.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 10:16:19 am »

Actually most of those clinics are staffed by the same docs and dentists you find at your local emergency rooms and clinics.  They "moonlight" at places like Community Health and others because the pay is excellent for only having to work about 4-6 hours, and they don't have to put up with the BS from insurance companies or the hospitals.  Most of the free clinics also have their own X-Ray and lab equipment, and the nurses are trained to use it.  So instead of some orderly taking you to the other end of a hospital to get an x-ray, or the doc sending you to another department, it is done and read immediately.  Quick diagnosis, instant results, and no one breathing down their necks.  The docs love it.

Services are free if you meet the threshold, but otherwise they charge cash at the counter and are typically extremely reasonable (significantly less expensive than the same care by the same physician in a hospital).

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org