A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:08:04 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Professional soccer in downtown Tulsa (ed: Semi-pro human pinball at Conv. Ctr.)  (Read 15421 times)
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 03:22:32 pm »

Wow!  You DO understand...in EXACTLY the same way as you have so enthusiastically attacked fans of all the shooting sports!!  Kind of surprised with all the brain damage going on in soccer (1.5 million incidents a year in this country alone) as well as real football, that it was that easy to figure out!!

Wow!  You DO understand and have finally admitted to the ridiculous grudge you have against me... which is EXACTLY why I think you're being an idiot by posting nonsense on this thread.

So...if I am a troll, then I guess that would make YOU one too!!  Maybe you could post something sometime that someone could take seriously??

When I post my views on gun control, it is within the confines of a national political thread entitled, "Mass shootings within the last six months."  Posting my views on that subject has nothing to do with shooting sports (i.e. - using a rifle to shoot deer or skeet).  It has everything to do with my heartfelt disgust at weapons that are only manufactured to be nothing more than human killing machines, that brazenly appeal to anti-gubmint conspiracists and survivalists, needlessly endanger local police... and which, if I may reiterate, has NOTHING TO DO with any shooting sport I've ever heard of in my entire life.  My "anti-gun" views also include my heartfelt support for the right of someone who lives in a high crime area to own a handgun if they feel the need to do so and can pass a background check.

When you post your views on soccer, it is within the confines of a thread containing actual news about a team playing here next fall, and shouldn't have anything to do with your bizarre false equivalencies and hypotheticals that you only post here as a childish "TAKE THAT!" for me not agreeing with your extremist views against sensible gun control.

Start your own thread entitled, "Soccer balls are more lethal than assault weapons" in the national politics section and...

MAKE.  MY.  DAY.

Troll.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:45:34 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 04:31:39 pm »

Sole-mates!
Troll-mates!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:50:02 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 06:40:05 pm »

***would like to get back to an honest discussion of the new soccer team(s) brought up on this thread, if that's not asking too much...   Roll Eyes

Meanwhile, in Indianapolis....
"Over 1,500 Season Tickets Have Been Sold After Just Two Weeks"
http://www.nasl.com/index.php?id=3&newsid=3679
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:21:13 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 08:16:42 pm »

Wow!  You DO understand and have finally admitted to the ridiculous grudge you have against me... which is EXACTLY why I think you're being an idiot by posting nonsense on this thread.

When I post my views on gun control, it is within the confines of a national political thread entitled, "Mass shootings within the last six months."  Posting my views on that subject has nothing to do with shooting sports (i.e. - using a rifle to shoot deer or skeet).  It has everything to do with my heartfelt disgust at weapons that are only manufactured to be nothing more than human killing machines, that brazenly appeal to anti-gubmint conspiracists and survivalists, needlessly endanger local police... and which, if I may reiterate, has NOTHING TO DO with any shooting sport I've ever heard of in my entire life.  My "anti-gun" views also include my heartfelt support for the right of someone who lives in a high crime area to own a handgun if they feel the need to do so and can pass a background check.

When you post your views on soccer, it is within the confines of a thread containing actual news about a team playing here next fall, and shouldn't have anything to do with your bizarre false equivalencies and hypotheticals that you only post here as a childish "TAKE THAT!" for me not agreeing with your extremist views against sensible gun control.

Start your own thread entitled, "Soccer balls are more lethal than assault weapons" in the national politics section and...

MAKE.  MY.  DAY.

Troll.

Can you spell disingenuous?

Ok, so you still haven't addressed either of the points I have raised here about soccer regarding brain damage being done to at least hundreds of thousands of kids, with over a million and a half hospital ER visits every year.  Nor the mafia connection to professional soccer.  You are just off in the weeds with your own false equivalencies - just because I own an AK or AR or any other multi-shot semi-automatic, as well as millions of other law abiding shooting sports fans, does not mean any of us are going on a killing rampage.  Sad you cannot understand that.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 10:40:45 pm »

You're the one being disingenuous.  You lost me at: "They go for the excitement of possible concussion, broken bones, maiming, or even death of or from the fans in the stands."
Your gun agenda is the ONLY REASON you pretend to care about head injuries in the sport of soccer, and the only reason you keep babbling on about the mafia.
I've obviously made a mistake in responding to you at all, because you're making it a point to divert the subject from the new indoor soccer team to anything you can google that suits your own obtuse gun rights agenda... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ax%20to%20grind

If I liked harpoons, I don't doubt you'd go on a harpoon-shooting spree... just to prove your point.   Tongue

Wayne LaPierre Goes On Harpooning Spree To Prove Some Sort Of Point
Jan 18, 2013
http://www.theonion.com/articles/wayne-lapierre-goes-on-harpooning-spree-to-prove-s,30947/

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:09:31 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 12:04:30 pm »

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/guide/head-injuries-causes-and-treatments

What Sports and Recreational Activities Offer the Most Risk of Head Injury?

In 2008, the following activities resulted in the highest number of head injuries for all ages:

Cycling
    Football
    Basketball
    Baseball and softball
    Riding powered recreational vehicles such as dune buggies, go-carts, and mini bikes

According to the Brain Injury Association of America, the five leading activities responsible for concussions in children and adolescents aged 5 to 18 years of age are:

Cycling
    Football
    Basketball
    Playground activities
    Soccer
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:20:05 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 01:15:14 pm »

Your gun agenda is the ONLY REASON you pretend to care about head injuries in the sport of soccer, and the only reason you keep babbling on about the mafia.
I've obviously made a mistake in responding to you at all, because you're making it a point to divert the subject from the new indoor soccer team to anything you can google that suits your own obtuse gun rights agenda... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ax%20to%20grind

From Merriam-Webster
disingenuous:  lacking in candor; also : giving a false appearance of simple frankness : calculating

As in the way you wade into making uneducated, uninformed statements about shooting sports fans.  Calling names.  Describing them in truly despicable, ignorant comments.  Hmmm...don't those European soccer hooligans also behave that way...why, yes, they do!  Have you had "training" in Europe??   I bet Noel Lemon would loved to have had a harpoon!

In spite of the uninformed comment regarding motivations - you cannot possibly know mine other than the stated ones of being a major supporter of shooting sports of all kinds - I have long been concerned about head injuries from many organized sports.  So now you have actual, real information about a second motivation.  I also submit that they should actually be separated from collegiate associations, since not only are they NOT a amateur sport as practiced in this country, but they actually DO contribute to long term adverse effects on so many of the participants - they have no business in college or high school.  And soccer - even though it is only 5th on your list, still contributed over 1.5 million hospital ER visits to the carnage.  Which means, by definition, that the other sports listed are worse.  No valid commentary to be heard on that yet, either...just dissemination of disinformation about another sport.

Even the most vested of interests in the country for football, the NFL, is finally, at long last, at least starting to give lip service to the idea there might be problems with the way these high impact sports are played here.  Any real thoughts about that?   Maybe the only mistake in responding at all was to attack and disparage law abiding sportsmen with ignorance and hubris.

As for the mafia, well, I guess you can stay in denial, but it is a real problem worldwide...one you absolutely refuse to address in any real, substantive way, other than to mouth some plaintive bleat about "babbling".  News flash - that plaintive bleat is babbling!

Perhaps if a football fan had so blatantly and ignorantly, with no real knowledge about the topic had made similar pejorative comments, I would definitely bring similar information to light about football.  After all, it is worse than soccer!!  (I guess I can let the NFL do that for now...)

So, you insist on attacking another sport as somehow being a threat to the very existence of mankind, while ignoring questions about millions of hospital events, the real long term adverse effects of high impact sports, and criminal infiltration into the operation of one of those sports...

Are you a smoker, too?  With kids?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:21:03 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 01:48:50 pm »

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=19791.90

heironymouspasparagus...are you really trying to compare soccer smack from an owner thirty years ago as a cause of gun violence today?

That is got to be the stupidest thing you have ever written.

Sorry, RM... evidently I've inspired Mr. Heirony to try to outdo himself...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:40:57 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=19791.90

Sorry, RM... evidently I've inspired Mr. Heirony to outdo himself...

You really just don't get it, do you?

Still smoking after all these years....

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 03:36:21 pm »

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 03:47:48 pm »

I keep posing questions and topics of concern and you keep avoiding them and not discussing them - topics directly related to soccer as it might possibly be implemented here - things to mitigate what is going on in the sport in other parts of the country and world.

Keeping on smokin'....

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 04:24:45 pm »

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:28:49 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 06:23:35 pm »

Well, when ya got nothing...ya go with what ya know...

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 07:18:02 pm »

The Tulsa Revolution players will not be controlled by agents of the mafia.
People don't gamble on indoor soccer.
If a player gets a concussion, he will be treated for such, not unlike other sports.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjAunQGf5J0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

There.  Feel better?..... oooh look, something shiny!!!.... is it a gun?  It could be a gun.  I dunno, bet it's a shiny gun!!!.... Wanna go fetch it !?!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:35:28 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 08:18:04 pm »

The Tulsa Revolution players will not be controlled by agents of the mafia.
People don't gamble on indoor soccer.
If a player gets a concussion, he will be treated for such, not unlike other sports.

There.  Feel better?..... oooh look, something shiny!!!.... is it a gun?  It could be a gun.  I dunno, bet it's a shiny gun!!!.... Wanna go fetch it !?!

Now THAT is funny!  Good to see the thoughtfulness....
Super Xuxa...ultimate soccer mom!!  The pink dolphin may be a little over the top.... 

If nothing else has come from this interchange, I have a fun, new web site to visit!  Gotta thank you for that!!  In tribute to arena soccer coming to town, I will return the favor...here is one of my favorite places.  I have the mug, and get the 12 month calendar just about every year!!
http://www.despair.com/

And in keeping with out trip down memory lane, I offer this... you should recognize it!   Those uniforms...!!  Whew!  Good thing they got left in the 80's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZLy_CA-_fGg

May be right...probably won't be enough money to interest the mafia. 

People gamble on anything.  There is someone somewhere who is gambling on arena soccer this very minute.  What's the deal with arena anything, anyway?  Football or soccer...it's like 'daycare' soccer (or football).  Or indoor hockey - it should always be outdoors on real ice.

Remember....
If everything is terrible, then nothing is....

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org