A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:23:34 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I sincerely hope..  (Read 44824 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2013, 10:46:16 pm »

Don't hate the playa, hate the game?

TPD trying to paint themselves as some sort of "victim" in this, is a major fail.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2013, 10:24:57 am »

It may be a fail in accuracy, but what makes you think it isn't a success in the general public, which isn't represented on this forum?

It was powerful to read the letter to the editor in this week's World, Thursday I think, from a former restauranteur who was present at the inspection at Joe Momma's and whose account differs from the TPD, but not enough to counter the bad PR that Blake got from the local tv stations.

I'm sure Blake knows that this is part of the cycle the press follows of building up people, events, and organizations till they peak in positive acceptance....then studiously tearing them down with the same tactics. The press is like bookies. They make money from the process. They don't care who wins.

onward...through the fog
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53:20 pm »

It was powerful to read the letter to the editor in this week's World, Thursday I think, from a former restauranteur who was present at the inspection at Joe Momma's and whose account differs from the TPD, but not enough to counter the bad PR that Blake got from the local tv stations.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/article.aspx?subjectid=62&articleid=20130222_62_A14_Idonot955780&r=1060#3346868
Based on recent events, in Tulsa and across the country, it is very startling to see nine officers enter an establishment. And to do this "compliance inspection" at peak business hours when the owner is knowingly not present reflects an attitude of arrogance that is hard to comprehend.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2013, 10:58:16 pm »

It may be a fail in accuracy, but what makes you think it isn't a success in the general public, which isn't represented on this forum?

I'm sure Blake knows that this is part of the cycle the press follows of building up people, events, and organizations till they peak in positive acceptance....then studiously tearing them down with the same tactics. The press is like bookies. They make money from the process. They don't care who wins.

There's no such thing as 'bad' PR.  The Police handled this poorly.  Blake probably could have handled it better, but in this instance, after this and listening to the radio interview he did, I tend to side with him.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2013, 08:12:44 am »

Still wondering....why Bartlett hasn't started an "investigation"....?

Oh, wait...I almost forgot...

This is the stuff people from outside see way too often when they look at Tulsa...from the IOC to Micron to ...Huh....!  Small town politics played in a medium sized metropolitan area that should have outgrown this particular kind of nonsense at least by the late 60's! 

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:15:18 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2013, 12:11:47 pm »

There's no such thing as 'bad' PR.

http://www.newson6.com/story/21436380/three-arrested-after-shot-fired-in-downtown-tulsa
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2013, 01:24:44 pm »

Were these guys arrested of expired gaming stickers?

Given that Ch6 can't even spell the name of the business correctly (given that it's in huge script out front of the scene) I'm not going to worry too much about it.  Considering that there are about 6 other businesses on that block.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2013, 01:25:37 pm »

Were these guys plants by TPD to scare off potential customers of the Blue Dome?   Grin Grin

EDIT:  Fixed grammar.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:38:22 pm by rdj » Logged

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2013, 01:36:47 pm »

There goes the neighborhood....
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2013, 09:45:16 pm »

ABLE's Smoot held a press conference to deny rumors he's a heavy handed bureaucrat justifying his job:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Law-enforcement-team-up-for-Mayfest/8ARQ_x9kBk6poEIOIRkgCQ.cspx
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »

This seems to be a lucrative area for stopping people coming from restaurants and bars.
Last night the ABLE/OHP/TPD trio targeted the area with another roadblock; of the 275 stops only 12 were for DUI, the rest were for "other."

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org