A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:28:22 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle Cinema Event  (Read 2189 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: February 08, 2013, 08:13:33 am »

A very good friend of mine plays Harmonica in a couple of bands around town and sent this information to me about a screening for the film "A Pocket full of Soul"
At this time they need 72 more pre sales to guarantee the screening. Here is his shameless pitch to entice you to help out with the cause.

http://www.tugg.com/events/2862

Greetings Boys and Girls.

The purpose of this email is to beg, bully, coerse[i don't know how to spell that], and convince you to come see the
"Pocket full of Soul"  documentary at the circle theater on Feb 28.  Any of you blues fans, and harmonica fans would enjoy it a lot.  It's narrated by Huey Lewis and features many great players, both young and old , of our humble little instrument.   We need at least 87 pre-sales to guarantee a showing.  I bought 10 myself.  Now i just have to make enough new friends to have someone to give them to.  None of my old ones will return my calls.  It's only $10.  Give up your ration of  MD 20 20 for a few days .
Below is a link to the movie.      At the top of the page is a link to getting tickets for Tulsa.  You will not be charged if the show does not happen.
Also do not forget the   2013 TULSA BLUES HARMONICA SUMMIT  at the Tulsa Jazz Hall of Fame on  March  2nd.

Thanks Mike P.
http://www.pocketfullofsoulmovie.com/the-film.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 12:22:48 pm »

Here is a update from my friend.

Greetings Earthlings.  Okay the "Pocket Full of Soul "  movie has made our minimum for showing on thurs Feb 28 at the circle theater.  I made a mistake and the showing is at  7:30  only.   There are 35 more seats left .  You can order at the link below or take your chances and buy at the door for $10.

Come at 7:00 for an introduction and live music by some members of the route 66 harmonica club.   Don't forget the Harp Summit  on Sat March 2nd at the Okla Jazz Hall of Fame.  See link below.   thanks  Mike

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org