A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:21:04 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chera Kimiko  (Read 23401 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: January 30, 2013, 11:19:26 am »

Last Friday was her final broadcast at Fox 23. She will be moving to CW 19 news at 9 in April when they go to a hour long news format.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/chera-kimiko-jumps-from-koki-to-kqcw_b78821

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:43:23 pm »

Last Friday was her final broadcast at Fox 23. She will be moving to CW 19 news at 9 in April when they go to a hour long news format.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/chera-kimiko-jumps-from-koki-to-kqcw_b78821

An upward move for her, at least in this market.  She was in the Las Vegas market some years ago, as well as Phoenix.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 02:34:35 pm »

An upward move for her, at least in this market.  She was in the Las Vegas market some years ago, as well as Phoenix.

How is it upward?  Does CW 19 have better Arbitrons?

Seems like a lateral move to me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 02:45:20 pm »

How is it upward?  Does CW 19 have better Arbitrons?

Seems like a lateral move to me.

You know she won't be limited to the CW.  Right?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:31:12 pm »

What is a CW 19?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:36:36 pm »

What is a CW 19?

you obviously don't Google...

Wait, what?

http://www.tulsacw.com/

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:40:21 pm »

Wait, what?

Oooo, Big Bang Theory re-runs.  Everything else?  No idea...something tells me I'm not a member of their demo.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 03:45:28 pm »

Wait, what?

So that's like a channel that people watch?  OK.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 04:01:35 pm »

You know she won't be limited to the CW.  Right?

Why wouldn't they simply sign her to KOTV if it was a move up?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 04:09:05 pm »

What is a CW 19?

The opposite rotation of a CCW 19.   Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 04:13:47 pm »

Why wouldn't they simply sign her to KOTV if it was a move up?

It was likely a Griffin contract.  I don't know of ANY CW 'exclusive' personalities.  Doesn't mean there aren't any.

She doesn't start until April anyway.  Likely because that's the end of her non-compete clause.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 04:48:54 pm »

I'm still confused.
How is this a move up for her?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 06:09:12 pm »

I'm still confused.

Jeez guys, it's an observation by me.  And opinion.  I guess those don't matter anymore around here.  Wow.  Lighten up.

Observation based on the fact that Fox 23 has been in this market about 30 years, and only doing news for about 10.  KOTV...since 1949...doing news since...1949.

When did anyone around here give a smile about my opinion anyway.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:10:52 pm by Hoss » Logged

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 06:55:57 pm »

Here is a two year old ratings story by the Tulsa World...

NBC may be tanking in the network rankings, but it was a very good November sweeps for its Tulsa affiliate, KJRH, channel 2. Although the station lost about 8 percent of its viewership at 10 p.m. weeknights because of a poor lead-in by "The Jay Leno Show," General Manager Mike Vrabac said, its newscasts in all other news time slots showed gains.

November 2009 marked the first major sweeps ratings period since the mandated changeover to digital signals last June and NBC's introduction of a talk show to its prime-time lineup.

KOTV, Tulsa's CBS-affiliated channel 6, continues to be the first choice among viewers in the weekday morning, midday, afternoon and prime news slots. But the story here is the increase in viewership for KJRH and its move ahead of ABC-affiliated KTUL, channel 8, in most local news time slots.

In the ratings race, comparing November 2008 with November 2009, KJRH saw its ratings in the 5-6 a.m. weekday time slot increase from a 2 rating and an 8 share to a 2 rating and a 10 share, or 2/10. In the 6-7 a.m. and 11 a.m. slots, its rating rose.

In morning news, KOTV was again the first choice, the same as in November 2008. KJRH's numbers rose — 3/9 to 5/15 — and KTUL's were unchanged (4/13).

At noon, viewers again chose KOTV, with KJRH second. KTUL, which airs the daytime drama "All My Children," tied for third with KOKI, channel 23, a Fox affiliate, in the time period.

Nielsen TV ratings were drawn from 1,027 diaries kept by viewers in the 22-county designated marketing area. The numbers refer to five-day averages of total households gathered by Nielsen Media Research. In November 2009, one ratings point represented an estimated 9,930 viewers ages 18 and older in the marketing area. The share is the percentage of the population viewing television at a particular time.

Four network affiliates compete with newscasts at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. weeknights.

KOTV finished first (8/14), KJRH was second in the time slot (7/12), and KTUL was third (4/8).

The available audience greatly increases at 6 p.m. weeknights. More turned to KOTV, with KJRH second and KTUL third.

The ratings at 9 p.m. weeknights tell the story of broadcast network TV in the last sweeps ratings period.

CBS (channel 6) came out on top again, and ABC (channel Cool second. Local news on Fox (channel 23) beat out NBC (channel 2). Finishing last in the time slot was NBC's "The Jay Leno Show," which earned a 4/5.5 compared with the 6 rating and an 8 share earned by "ER" — deemed low-rated — the previous year.

Media Life magazine reported that viewership of broadcast network programming was down, with the exception of Fox, which won its first-ever November sweeps, increasing 17 percent over last year. ABC was second in the ratings race, off 11 percent. CBS finished third, down 12 percent, and NBC was a distant fourth, dropping 16 percent.

National ratings numbers were drawn from Nielsen data and include live-plus-seven-day DVR viewership. Stations and networks use viewership data to set advertising rates.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=275&articleid=20100203_275_D5_JayLen188564

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 07:59:13 pm »

I'm still confused.

It's a move up in Hoss's world because she is no longer working at a Fox station. Duh.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org