A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:12:30 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: East Kenosha  (Read 10479 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: January 16, 2013, 09:28:39 am »

How can I find out what is going on in B.A. on 71st East of the Creek Turnpike. They have put cones out all the way East on both sides bringing 71st down to two lanes.

Also. It looks like something is going to be built next to the Whataburger in front of Atwoods.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
BAGuy
Citizen

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:12:41 pm »

I am not familiar with any news about development going in here, though I am not surprised.  This is in a high growth corridor along 71st in BA.  Tulsa County property assessor website shows the 21 acres being sold for $2 million in late december.  I believe the company set up an LLC.  I will let you know if I hear anything.  You could always email the development services dept at the city or email the economic development coordinator, Norm Stephens.  At one time, I heard Chick-Fil-A was going to locate next to Whataburger but I haven't heard anything concrete.  My guess is 20th Street would continue south and act as a frontage road to the Broken Arrow Expressway and connect to County Line (193rd E. Ave.).
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:26:44 pm »

Also. It looks like something is going to be built next to the Whataburger in front of Atwoods.

Noticed that today also.  There was a large triangle of wooded area that has been bulldozed flat.
I remember seeing people fishing there not to long ago.
Broken Arrow is going to end up as a collection of strip malls.
http://goo.gl/maps/2l37y

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:10:21 pm »

Noticed that today also.  There was a large triangle of wooded area that has been bulldozed flat.
I remember seeing people fishing there not to long ago.
Broken Arrow is going to end up as a collection of strip malls.
http://goo.gl/maps/2l37y

I thought it already seemed unnecessary when I saw the empty strip mall (now I think it has a few tenants, I only pass through on occasion) at 193rd (NW).

But you combine an Atwoods and a Whataburger with ANYTHING and you already have an amazing development.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:14:10 am »

Thanks for the info guys. My kids would be in Chick-Fil-A Heaven if that was actually going in.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 11:49:27 am »

But you combine an Atwoods and a Whataburger with ANYTHING and you already have an amazing development.

Directly across the street, and abandoned Wal-Mart has sat empty for, what, a decade?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 12:58:29 pm »

Directly across the street, and abandoned Wal-Mart has sat empty for, what, a decade?

I think it has been longer than that.  It closed when the supercenter at 71st and 145th opened and that was LONG ago.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
EricGarcia
Activist

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 01:54:24 pm »

Land is being graded for investment (commercial development).  I would expect to hear something this year regarding the development. 
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 02:08:39 pm »

Land is being graded for investment (commercial development).  I would expect to hear something this year regarding the development. 

don't count on it... the owner is probably flush and finally getting around to grading it. Lots of vacancies around there....and everywhere.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 07:39:43 pm »

Broken Arrow meets in secret to condemn valuable expressway frontages:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20130307_78_A9_BROKEN178625
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 09:31:27 am »

Broken Arrow meets in secret to condemn valuable expressway frontages:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20130307_78_A9_BROKEN178625

They condemned Whistler's property.  I'd feel worse if it wasn't a billboard guys' land.  He'll get his money and be allowed to keep his signs.
EricGarcia
Activist

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »

Not to mention, Whistler will still keep most of his property, which he can later sell to a developer/restaurant/hotel, etc...
The city just needs a portion of it to extend a frontage road (Hillside Drive) from the Bass Pro Shop to the Target development.  The road will encourage additional development along the expressway.  It it my understanding that there is commercial development interest in the area between Bass Pro and Target. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org