A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:59:12 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KOTV 6  (Read 11328 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:24 pm »

Scott Thompson posted this on TTVM. I thought that I would share it on here.

Comments: I wanted to let the readers of Tulsa TV Memories know we begin a week-long look back at some of the memories of our Frankfort Avenue building on Monday, January 14, and continue through the week, where they will be featured in every newscast for the week, 6am, Noon, 5,6,9 and 10pm.

Beginning Saturday, January 19, we being stories about the new building and the new neighborhood. I don't know if those continue for a week, but they will be airing in all newscasts at least through the beginning of that week. After 64 years, our last newscast from our Frankfort Avenue building will be Friday, January 18 at 10:00pm. I hope to add a little tribute to the old place at the very end that night.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:59:39 pm »

Scott Thompson posted this on TTVM. I thought that I would share it on here.

Comments: I wanted to let the readers of Tulsa TV Memories know we begin a week-long look back at some of the memories of our Frankfort Avenue building on Monday, January 14, and continue through the week, where they will be featured in every newscast for the week, 6am, Noon, 5,6,9 and 10pm.

Beginning Saturday, January 19, we being stories about the new building and the new neighborhood. I don't know if those continue for a week, but they will be airing in all newscasts at least through the beginning of that week. After 64 years, our last newscast from our Frankfort Avenue building will be Friday, January 18 at 10:00pm. I hope to add a little tribute to the old place at the very end that night.

Hopefully that means they start broadcasting in HD when they move.  I realize they've been in 16:9 WS format for nearly two years, but it's definitely not HD.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 06:51:40 pm »

What is KOTV 6?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:41:03 pm »

Is the new building going to make their morning show any less insipid?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 02:20:14 pm »

Is the new building going to make their morning show any less insipid?

Thank you. The only thing that would make it more silly is if "bowtie" had a clown horn.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 02:10:14 pm »

Am I being childish?

Havonnah Johnson

http://www.newson6.com/story/15228567/havonnah-johnson

Havonnah Johnson joined News on 6 in January 2013 as Noon anchor and morning show reporter at News on 6. Although originally from Los Angeles, California, it's been said Johnson becomes a native of wherever she lives and has a knack for picking up accents.
Johnson received a Bachelor of Arts degree in mass media arts with an emphasis in journalism from Clark Atlanta University. She began her television career as an intern at WSB in Atlanta where she answered phones, listened to scanners and shadowed reporters. After graduation, and knocking on numerous newsroom doors, Johnson received her first on air job in Dothan, Alabama at WDHN. From there she moved on to anchor and report for WAPT in Jackson, Mississippi where she extensively covered Hurricane Katrina. Johnson also spent time reporting for WVTM in Birmingham, Alabama where she received an AP award for best breaking news coverage, and KDAF in Dallas, Texas.

Johnson considers herself a cheerleader for people. She's learned there is a story everywhere and is honored to have the opportunity to share them. In her spare time, Johnson loves to travel, garden, cook (and of course eat the food she cooks), watch movies or attend live theatre, and spend time with her chocolate Cocker Spaniel, Madame Hershee.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 02:36:19 pm »

Have one of a Johnson? yes you're being childish.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »

Have one of a Johnson?

Not quite.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »

Have one of a Johnson? yes you're being childish.

I guess not as childish as Haywood Jab....nevermind.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 11:51:25 am »

Tonight is the last broadcast from the old KOTV channel 6 building.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 11:56:06 am »

Any changes in crew?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 03:33:38 pm »

Any changes in crew?

Not that I have heard of. Just the addition of the new young lady mentioned above.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 05:00:53 pm »

They did a "looking back" piece that was noticeably absent certain people.
Kinda reminded me of the Soviets retouching photos to remove "non-persons".

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 09:44:31 am »

They did a "looking back" piece that was noticeably absent certain people.
Kinda reminded me of the Soviets retouching photos to remove "non-persons".
Which "certain people"?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 01:00:06 pm »

Which "certain people"?

I'm going to guess Clayton's prey was left out.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org