A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:47:21 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Party seems divided...  (Read 87528 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2016, 03:10:17 pm »

I am Nostradamus.

Three and a half years ago I predicted this.

All hail RecycleMichael

Yeah well two hours later Shadows wrote:

We have a two party election system same as those countries in the Mid-East where the people are screaming and firing guns in the streets.  It is liken Athens when under the attack of the military of Rome.  We have depleted our treasury and turn our once robust economy into a debtor prison where there is no escape. We have allowed the exporting of our technology increasing foreign jobs.  We are buying their products and cannot or will not pay for the imbalance of trade.  But there is good news as we are going to increase our debt ceiling causing more inflation. 

But there is more good news as with the unemployment and inflation increasing that will build a new set of RR tracks through the front door of the white house for another third term president.           
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2016, 05:33:48 pm »

I like that 3 years later Shadows is still wrong... still no inflation.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2016, 05:41:47 pm »

I like that 3 years later Shadows is still wrong... still no inflation.

I don't think he's with us anymore...his profile says he hasn't been online since 2013 and he had his age at 95.  I kinda miss him.  He was the crazy old uncle.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2016, 07:01:20 pm »

I can do that job. Just give me a few years.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2016, 11:25:08 pm »

I don't think he's with us anymore...his profile says he hasn't been online since 2013 and he had his age at 95.  I kinda miss him.  He was the crazy old uncle.

Geez...if that is what you like, I could go there...!  And way before Aquaman....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2021, 06:17:45 pm »

WASHINGTON — A newly elected Republican member of the House known for conspiratorial social media posts spread a false theory that PG&E started the devastating Camp Fire in 2018 with space lasers in a clean-energy experiment gone awry, according to a new report.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia has since deleted the Facebook post in which she made the suggestion, according to Media Matters for America, a left-leaning research outlet. But the group released a screen grab of the November 2018 post in which Greene detailed a long, meandering conspiracy theory involving Pacific Gas and Electric Co., former Gov. Jerry Brown, Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s husband, space-based solar generators and unnamed people who claimed to have seen “what looked like lasers or blue beams of light causing the fires.”

“The idea is clean energy to replace coal and oil,” Greene wrote. “If they are beaming the suns energy back to Earth, I’m sure they wouldn’t ever miss a transmitter receiving station right??!!”

The post includes references to the Rothschild Inc. investment firm, a frequent subject of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories that are monitored by the Anti-Defamation League. It also falsely alleges the fire that ripped through Butte County was along the path of the state’s planned high-speed rail line, which in reality is hundreds of miles to the south.

In another recently discovered FB post, Marjorie Taylor Greene penned a conspiracy theory claiming that a space laser started the deadly 2018 Camp Fire in California. https://t.co/erp7UhN1AL pic.twitter.com/3TEFcSyVZb
    — Eric Hananoki (@ehananoki) January 28, 2021

Greene’s post came as the Camp Fire was in the process of being contained but had already ravaged the town of Paradise and nearby communities. The blaze was the deadliest in the state’s history, killing 85 people and destroying nearly 20,000 structures.

The fire was actually sparked by PG&E electrical equipment, and the company later pleaded guilty to 85 felony charges, including 84 counts of involuntary manslaughter. PG&E, which filed for bankruptcy protection a few months after the blaze, agreed to a $13.5 billion settlement with victims of the fire.

Greene’s office did not respond to a request for comment Thursday. Neither did Rep. Doug LaMalfa, R-Richvale (Butte County), whose district includes the areas devastated by the Camp Fire, nor House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy of Bakersfield, who worked to keep disaster relief for California from being cut off by former President Donald Trump and who has faced questions about Greene’s place in the House.

Greene has been under scrutiny over her social media presence, including posts trafficking in conspiracy theories related to QAnon and questioning school shootings. In recent days, social media sleuths have uncovered a video of her harassing a survivor of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting, and CNN reported she had indicated support for executing Democratic members of Congress.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Conspiracy-friendly-GOP-lawmaker-falsely-15906172.php

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2021, 12:57:45 pm »

Former Republican officials in talks to form center-right anti-Trump party
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/538362-former-republicans-in-talks-to-form-center-right-anti-trump-party

A group of more than 100 former Republican officials have discussed the possibility of forming a conservative party due to their unhappiness with the direction of the GOP under former President Donald Trump and the likelihood he'll be acquitted at the end of his second impeachment trial, according to Republicans who participated in the conversation.
Former Republican House Rep. Charlie Dent confirmed to CNN that he and about 120 Republicans held a conversation last Friday about whether to form a new party or a new faction within the Republican Party that would operate independently from the GOP.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/11/politics/republican-officials-discuss-forming-party/index.html

Tulsa's Republican Party Chairman Bob Jack has no place in the Tulsa city government.
From leading a Stop the Steal rally at LaFortune Park to being the leader of pressure to remove of the Black Lives Matter street mural in the Greenwood District, he shows how dangerous it would be if he were placed on a city commission.
It is a sickness in our society to continue believing the presidential election was stolen and that people of color, a growing majority, are taking away rights.
Jack needs to move on and remove himself as a contender for the Infrastructure Development Advisory Board.
Better yet, resign as chairman of the Tulsa Republican Party.

https://tulsaworld.com/opinion/letters/letter-tulsa-gop-leader-needs-to-step-down/article_ba44c62c-6a57-11eb-97c3-67c3b3cfeea2.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2021, 09:14:02 pm »

That is the essential effort of the day, isn't it?   Jamie Raskin has done an exceptional, Quixotic job of trying to turn cowards - Trump sychophants - into at least minimally decent, honorable human beings for at least once in their lives.   

I have no hope that it will happen, especially with the examples already shown by the entire Oklahoma House delegation, plus the previous records of Inhofe and Lankford.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2021, 04:00:58 pm »

No honor.  No decency.  No ethics.  No morals.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2021, 05:35:23 pm »

No honor.  No decency.  No ethics.  No morals.

The Party of Trump. The Party of Lincoln is dead.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2021, 03:46:24 pm »

The Party of Trump. The Party of Lincoln is dead.

Kissing the ring: Inside the GOP courtship of Trump's endorsement

Even members seen as facing largely safe reelections are asking for Trump's early endorsement to ward off serious primary challengers — call it the Thom Tillis path.
    Sens. Todd Young (R-Ind.) and James Lankford (R-Okla.) reached out to Trump recently to ask for his backing. Their requests remain "under consideration," says a source familiar with the situation.

https://www.axios.com/trump-endorsement-republican-primaries-d85930b1-bd61-4d9e-9d0c-81602dc9df39.html

Apparently the conspiracy theorist that wants to take his place has Lankford worried, and maybe we should be, too.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2021, 06:21:48 pm »

Kissing the ring: Inside the GOP courtship of Trump's endorsement

Even members seen as facing largely safe reelections are asking for Trump's early endorsement to ward off serious primary challengers — call it the Thom Tillis path.
    Sens. Todd Young (R-Ind.) and James Lankford (R-Okla.) reached out to Trump recently to ask for his backing. Their requests remain "under consideration," says a source familiar with the situation.

https://www.axios.com/trump-endorsement-republican-primaries-d85930b1-bd61-4d9e-9d0c-81602dc9df39.html

Apparently the conspiracy theorist that wants to take his place has Lankford worried, and maybe we should be, too.

Just when you think it can't get any worse than the pathetic excuses we elect every time, it goes ahead and does just that...!

I actually never think it can't get worse - this is Oklahoma and we are still driving as hard and fast as possible to the bottom of all things good that a state can and should do.  In spite of all my efforts to turn the tide, breeding idiots is just too much inertia to overcome.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2021, 08:18:57 pm »

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A former state representative with a reputation for anti-Islamic rhetoric has been elected as chairman of the Oklahoma Republican Party.

Former state Rep. John Bennett won a first-ballot victory at the party convention Saturday at the Oklahoma City Convention Center, vice chairman Shane Jemison said Sunday.

In 2013, he helped form the unofficial House counterterrorism caucus, citing concerns about a Muslim attempt to replace the U.S. Constitution with Islamic law. He also referred to Islam as a “cancer in our nation that needs to be cut out" and faced criticism for Facebook posts targeting Muslims and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2021, 11:22:24 am »

Donald Trump Jr has begun selling merchandise that mocks Alec Baldwin, who fatally shot a cinematographer during an on-set incident last week.

Mr Trump has been sharing several Instagram photos and stories since Thursday’s tragic film set incident in New Mexico, where Mr Baldwin was filming Rust outside Santa Fe.

One of the latest stories showed a T-shirt with the words: “Guns don’t kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people”. The Instagram story had a link to Mr Trump’s online website, where the T-shirt is being sold for $27.99.

In another Instagram story, he shared a photoshopped image of Mr Baldwin wearing the same T-shirt.
Former President Trump and Mr Baldwin have had a long-running feud, with the actor portraying the bombastic politician on Saturday Night Live leading up to the 2016 election and beyond. The performances apparently so irked Mr Trump that he took to Twitter calling for an investigation into TV networks that criticise Republicans.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-jr-alec-baldwin-shooting-b1944549.html

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2021, 11:31:09 am »

Donald Trump Jr has begun selling merchandise that mocks Alec Baldwin, who fatally shot a cinematographer during an on-set incident last week.

Mr Trump has been sharing several Instagram photos and stories since Thursday’s tragic film set incident in New Mexico, where Mr Baldwin was filming Rust outside Santa Fe.

One of the latest stories showed a T-shirt with the words: “Guns don’t kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people”. The Instagram story had a link to Mr Trump’s online website, where the T-shirt is being sold for $27.99.

In another Instagram story, he shared a photoshopped image of Mr Baldwin wearing the same T-shirt.
Former President Trump and Mr Baldwin have had a long-running feud, with the actor portraying the bombastic politician on Saturday Night Live leading up to the 2016 election and beyond. The performances apparently so irked Mr Trump that he took to Twitter calling for an investigation into TV networks that criticise Republicans.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-jr-alec-baldwin-shooting-b1944549.html

Jr is a sick person.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org