A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:32:03 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Party seems divided...  (Read 89521 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2013, 02:51:53 pm »

You come off as dooshbaggy elitists, most without the education to even come close to being able to judge others.

You shouldn't call people that. You should apologize.

And secondly, just because you spent more years in college, you think that only you can judge others?

If you won't apologize, then read the first line again while looking in the mirror.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2013, 02:52:45 pm »

As for anti-science argument, who in the hell made you people the authority on what amounts to science. You come off as dooshbaggy elitists, most without the education to even come close to being able to judge others.

Don't take this as an attack but do you know why sentences like that scare reasonable people?
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2013, 06:03:43 pm »

My gosh, are you freakin kidding me? Filner is the mayor of San Diego, Weiner wants to be mayor of the largest city in this country. These guys are out there wanting leadership positions while being incapable of controlling themselves IN THE PUBLIC. As for rabid right winger stuff, how about reframing Bridenstine and everyone else you find objectionable as opposing rabid left wing policies such as Obamacare and perhaps Gosnell-based abortion policy. Crap, we have left wingers like Hank Johnson thinking Guam will tip over because of too many people, or Cynthia McKinney, or Jim Moran, Alan Grayson, and on and on and on... Red Arrow is right about this, and I would add that this thread is more about your sour grapes and feeling helpless because you live in a red state.

As for anti-science argument, who in the hell made you people the authority on what amounts to science. You come off as dooshbaggy elitists, most without the education to even come close to being able to judge others.

Gosh, Guido, I thought you had better reading skills. You're equating politicians who have - let's be kind - an obsession with their zippers and whatnots with some right wing nuts who are obsessed with guns. Now I'll grant you that in a Freudian sense, they're merely different in scale, but here in the real world, they're different in kind.

A guy who's sex obsessed may be perfectly capable of performing his job, yet a gun-toting local police chief with an obvious hatred of "libtards" shouldn't be anywhere near a powerful position. One is sex. The other is violence. Do you see it now?

As for 'feeling helpless in a red state' you couldn't be more wrong. My mission is to show the benighted the error of their ways and I revel in the knowledge that they'll recognize both my personal and intellectual superiority, eventually worshiping my god-like awesomeness.

Or maybe not.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2013, 11:46:19 pm »

You shouldn't call people that. You should apologize.

And secondly, just because you spent more years in college, you think that only you can judge others?

If you won't apologize, then read the first line again while looking in the mirror.

Apologize for what? Swake comes right out and equates those that do not share his notions of science as living in the damned 1500s, with a "reasonable" (for Townsend's benefit) Catholic bash thrown in for good measure. Oh, and the collective IQ of the republic field and a guy Tay, nah, that's not apology worthy. Townsend attempts to tie McCarthyism to the tea party. That neither.

The whiny left in this forum simply cannot deal with the reality that Oklahoma is a red state, and has, gulp, elected conservatives to office. Want an illustration? Think about all the tired comments that the right is filled with flat earthed mouth breathers. I am not, my better half (who is far more educated and science-focused than me) is not, and I dare say the hundreds that I sit with at Mass are not as thought of by some in here.  

As for judging others? You bet I will when those that I support are run down in here. If Swake and others are going to tee off, expect a response. That means put up your bona fides if they are going to rip on people's "500 years behind" views on science. BTW, where is your demand for an apology from him? Meh.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:54:45 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2013, 11:53:17 pm »

A guy who's sex obsessed may be perfectly capable of performing his job, yet a gun-toting local police chief with an obvious hatred of "libtards" shouldn't be anywhere near
Or maybe not.

Even the Clenis is running from Weiner. Doesn't that tell you something? Anyways, I guess I am old school and that character and having moral authority to lead counts a little. I guess Weiner, Filner, and Spitzer could easily decide to fire an employee or public official that flashes their genitals in public or sexually gropes a co-worker/subordinate. I guess these people once in office couldn't easily be subjected to extortion from another victim about to go public. Now, I know the right has their bozos as well, and some stick around when they shouldn't.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2013, 07:16:21 am »

Even the Clenis is running from Weiner. Doesn't that tell you something? Anyways, I guess I am old school and that character and having moral authority to lead counts a little. I guess Weiner, Filner, and Spitzer could easily decide to fire an employee or public official that flashes their genitals in public or sexually gropes a co-worker/subordinate. I guess these people once in office couldn't easily be subjected to extortion from another victim about to go public. Now, I know the right has their bozos as well, and some stick around when they shouldn't.

Don't buck the pattern. 

There is a formula for successful liberal politicians.  The men must be viscerally guided by ego, and the women must be victims.
Hillary would have just been another first lady with a failed "first lady agenda" (Hillarycare), if Bill hadn't endowed her with the liberal gift of victimhood.
Weiner has given his wife Huma a pedigree now.  You can expect great things from her in the future. 

Liberals must be able to capitalize on the grievance industry in some way, so that you can "espouse" and connect from a less challengeable position.

"I feel your pain". . .Move on.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2013, 07:20:15 am »

I think there are some people in here in need of a binky.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2013, 07:27:49 am »

Townsend attempts to tie McCarthyism to the tea party.

That's not true.

I was attempting to provide another example of a group of people falling for someone's grand idea and lemminging along with over-zealous leadership.

There was no tie.  I didn't show that they are fighting an imaginary communist takeover of our society.

Both have done damage.  Neither helped.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2013, 09:12:52 am »

Apologize for what? Swake comes right out and equates those that do not share his notions of science as living in the damned 1500s, with a "reasonable" (for Townsend's benefit) Catholic bash thrown in for good measure. Oh, and the collective IQ of the republic field and a guy Tay, nah, that's not apology worthy. Townsend attempts to tie McCarthyism to the tea party. That neither.

The whiny left in this forum simply cannot deal with the reality that Oklahoma is a red state, and has, gulp, elected conservatives to office. Want an illustration? Think about all the tired comments that the right is filled with flat earthed mouth breathers. I am not, my better half (who is far more educated and science-focused than me) is not, and I dare say the hundreds that I sit with at Mass are not as thought of by some in here.  

As for judging others? You bet I will when those that I support are run down in here. If Swake and others are going to tee off, expect a response. That means put up your bona fides if they are going to rip on people's "500 years behind" views on science. BTW, where is your demand for an apology from him? Meh.

Guid, the only reason you are so upset is because it is so true. If there is one thing that unites elected Republicans today it's a shared rejection of facts and science. From masturbating fetuses to women don't get pregnant from "real" rape the Republican party is a complete clown show when it comes to science. Let's do a short list.

Todd Akin's offensive talk about the science of "real" rape was only made worse by the fact that he was a member of the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee! But he's far from the only complete idiot on that committee.

Representative Paul Broun, who also is on the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee had this to say about the age of the Earth
All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell. And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior. You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I’ve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I don’t believe that the Earth’s but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says.

Dana Rohrbacher, another Republican is ALSO on the science committee and is on the subcommittee on the environment and he  said THIS:
Is there some thought being given to subsidizing the clearing of rainforests in order for some countries to eliminate that production of greenhouse gases? … Or would people be supportive of cutting down older trees in order to plant younger trees as a means to prevent this disaster from happening?

There's lots more. How about Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell saying this?
American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains.
She thankfully lost but wasn't she a Guid favorite?

Our won Oklahoma State Senator Ralph Shortley proposed a bill  prohibiting companies in Oklahoma from using aborted fetuses to make food because he read on the Internet that stem cells were being used in the production of artificial sweeteners. Don't you feel safer now?

Bills in state legislatures in Colorado, Texas, Arizona, Indiana, Missouri, Montana and here in Oklahoma all are attempting to put Creationism into schools along side the real science of evolution. If Darwin were alive they would probably be attempting to jail him just like Galileo was jailed.

Climate change is another fun topic. Texas Rep. Joe Barton doesn't believe in climate change, because God is behind climate change in the Bible, he said:
I would point out that if you’re a believer in the Bible, one would have to say the Great Flood is an example of climate change and that certainly wasn’t because mankind had overdeveloped hydrocarbon energy.

In fact nearly all scientists that deal with climate believe that we are changing the climate through hydrocarbons. Don't take my word for it. Ask NASA:
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

You know who disagrees with the scientists?
Every single Republican in the House
http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/149585-house-gop-rejects-amendment-that-says-climate-change-is-occurring#ixzz2WcQlKzN0

I can go on, this is a easy list to build, from Tom Coburn working to defund the NSF to Jim Inhofe's being the (well funded) pocket of large oil companies, but you get the medieval point.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:16:48 am by swake » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »

I never could stand Inhofe and his pandering grandstanding.  But he is a statesman compared to who is being elected now.

His is the patron saint of those being elected now.  Their mentor, teacher and cult leader.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2013, 09:52:25 pm »

Mullen, come on down!

I would bet good money that any primary opponent would be WORSE than Inhofe these days.

Andrew Rice.   Yeah, he lost last time, but I think he should run again.  The only problem is that I don't think the people of Oklahoma are in general, smart enough to understand just how all pervasive are the lies that Inhofe spews...about Rice, other previous opponents, any generic topic he talks about.... (sadly, they keep proving me right at every one of his elections.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2013, 10:04:01 pm »

My gosh, are you freakin kidding me? Filner is the mayor of San Diego, Weiner wants to be mayor of the largest city in this country. These guys are out there wanting leadership positions while being incapable of controlling themselves IN THE PUBLIC. As for rabid right winger stuff, how about reframing Bridenstine and everyone else you find objectionable as opposing rabid left wing policies such as Obamacare and perhaps Gosnell-based abortion policy. Crap, we have left wingers like Hank Johnson thinking Guam will tip over because of too many people, or Cynthia McKinney, or Jim Moran, Alan Grayson, and on and on and on... Red Arrow is right about this, and I would add that this thread is more about your sour grapes and feeling helpless because you live in a red state.

My gosh, are you freakin kidding me?  Mary Failin' is governor of Oklahoma!  Jim Inhofe is Senator!  Sally Kern is STILL being elected.  Dick Cheney is still reaping untold millions from no bid contracts to Halliburton to the tune of $90 billion or so.  Saxby Chambliss is still Senator of Georgia, thanks to Karl Rove, the Vile.  And you are worked up over an exhibitionist fool who won't get elected anyway?

Bush bought his way to office once, got elected the next time.  Can't keep from pawing the German Chancellor in public.   "Swift Boaters" institutionalizing the "Big Lie" about someone NONE of them had ever served with, or even met, either during the time or after...but well qualified to spew commentary on validity of Kerry's purple heart - NOT!!  How about the psycho-hose beasts who lied us into Iraq.  For NO valid reason other than paybacks for Daddy's embarrassment.

Again, one of those "perspective" events...the RWRE vilifying misdemeanors, stupidity, and petty theft, while celebrating, embracing and sanctifying high crimes that kill thousands and cost trillions for no good reason.  But as good ole fash-un 'Mericans...we loves our torture - gives us a sense of righteousness!!

(Anti-science is exactly what Bush brought to the table.  But I guess you missed that part of it from all the sparkles dazzling your eyes.)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:08:48 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »

Anyways, I guess I am old school and that character and having moral authority to lead counts a little.

Ok, then.... you agree with my previous post!  Good for you!  We are making progress!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2013, 10:14:28 pm »

I think there are some people in here in need of a binky.

I can always use one...never was properly weaned!! 

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2013, 11:57:07 am »

A guy who's sex obsessed may be perfectly capable of performing his job, yet a gun-toting local police chief with an obvious hatred of "libtards" shouldn't be anywhere near a powerful position. One is sex. The other is violence.

Which one?  This:

PHOENIX -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has announced that he’s requiring all of his deputies to carry AR-15 assault rifles 24 hours per day.

or this one:

NSFW
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QQW0RswpQ4[/youtube]
NSFW

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org