A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:14:42 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Alley  (Read 48337 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 02:23:50 pm »

As opposed to one of those conservative, "we don't serve your kind" sort of places.

Those places are easily filtered out though.  Look for Fox News on the TV.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 03:41:14 pm »

Was it one of those hipster, clique sorta places then?

I would not say that.....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 05:09:30 pm »

As opposed to one of those conservative, "we don't serve your kind" sort of places.

Just had to doosh up an honest inquiry? I knew Conan went there, hardly a left wing, bed wetter. I wanted to know if the place catered and counted on a certain clientele. If it did, could it or the restaurant's concept be successful elsewhere.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 08:39:57 pm »

Just had to doosh up an honest inquiry? I knew Conan went there, hardly a left wing, bed wetter. I wanted to know if the place catered and counted on a certain clientele. If it did, could it or the restaurant's concept be successful elsewhere.

An honest dooshy inquiry?  Your one sided view point is loony.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 11:43:33 pm »

An honest dooshy inquiry?  Your one sided view point is loony.

What the hell is one-sided about finding out about this place? Was the "hipster" comment just too close to home or something? And of all people to comment about others with one-sided viewpoints, my gosh. And I'm telling Hoss about your ad hominem--but to be fair I'll let you tell him what that fallacy means first.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 05:34:31 am »

Of course your left wing bed wetter comment was fair and balanced.

It must be difficult to view everything as completely liberal and conservative.

What? They put avocados on sandwiches? The restaurant must be a left wing hideout.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 07:01:40 am »

What the hell is one-sided about finding out about this place? Was the "hipster" comment just too close to home or something? And of all people to comment about others with one-sided viewpoints, my gosh. And I'm telling Hoss about your ad hominem--but to be fair I'll let you tell him what that fallacy means first.

You attack anything you think is different than the way you think it should be.  Like a crazed terrier.

So when you post something about a group of people, it's easy to think you're attacking the group.

I agree with you, I am one sided.  I look at the extremes from both side with a cocked eyebrow.  I think you should move more center like I thought Teatownclown should move more center.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:04:09 am by Townsend » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 07:16:37 am »

What? They put avocados on sandwiches? The restaurant must be a left wing hideout.

MC and I stopped at a Subway one time while traveling. 

MC asked: “Is the avocado fresh?” 

“Oh yes ma’am, we opened the can just this morning!”

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 07:48:53 am »

I went and was completely underwhelmed. Service and food were mediocre but the prices didn't reflect it. I can have better food and service for less money at several places around town.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 07:57:13 am »

I went and was completely underwhelmed. Service and food were mediocre but the prices didn't reflect it. I can have better food and service for less money at several places around town.

And therein lies the problem you run into when your place is out of the way and it’s under-promoted.  You had a bad or mediocre experience so you didn’t return.  I’m quite certain you weren’t alone.  With their price points, it needed to be spot-on every time.

If that had happened the first time MC and I went, we would never have returned, or maybe given it one more shot and if that failed we would have been done with it.  

What places are you enjoying these days? We are now looking for another regular hang-out so I’m soliciting opinions.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 08:06:42 am »

I was a fan of their food, beer selection, service and ambiance.  Brian even served me at the bar on occasion.  But, didn't go there often as it is pretty far off my normal path.

I would say that a restaurant in that location needs to be appealing to it's surrounding neighborhood.  A true neighborhood pub if you will.  OR, have a concept so different and so great that is becomes a destination.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 10:50:34 am »

The Vault is very good....!!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 10:53:42 am »

The Vault is very good....!!

Agreed
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:41 pm »

You attack anything you think is different than the way you think it should be.  Like a crazed terrier.

So when you post something about a group of people, it's easy to think you're attacking the group.

I agree with you, I am one sided.  I look at the extremes from both side with a cocked eyebrow.  I think you should move more center like I thought Teatownclown should move more center.
Understood. It's my fault.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 03:41:13 pm »

Understood. It's my fault.

Agreed
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org