A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:13:03 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Phoenix Tulsa  (Read 17318 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 04:41:50 pm »

I never lived south of 17th street until this past summer when I moved to 56th street south.

I am not a southie, I am an undercover agent trying to infiltrate their ranks and get their trust.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 06:49:27 pm »

I never lived south of 17th street until this past summer when I moved to 56th street south.

I am not a southie, I am an undercover agent trying to infiltrate their ranks and get their trust.

56th St is still north of the border.

davideinstein
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »

Bring on the Southies!
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 08:27:21 pm »

Bring on the Southies!

Do you have a currency exchange?  I'm not sure my money is legal tender downtown.    Grin

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 11:40:44 pm »

I like this place but I have a real issue sitting 20 feet away from where a friend of mine died from a drunk driver.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 07:14:39 am »

You'll never find our secret headquarters.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 01:02:25 pm »

Passport, please...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »

I like this place but I have a real issue sitting 20 feet away from where a friend of mine died from a drunk driver.

I used to have that problem driving past the spot where my brother was killed.  I finally had to quit thinking so much about how he died and think more about how he lived.  I'm assuming you are talking about Missy.  She was a very good soul.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 02:58:41 pm »

I also have an issue with sitting too close to the corner at The Palace.

How about the Japanese sushi/steak joint going up overlooking downtown at 14th and Peoria? Looks close...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 03:13:54 pm »

I also have an issue with sitting too close to the corner at The Palace.

With Tulsa's drivers? I don't blame you.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 05:54:44 pm »

I have heard rumors that their living facilities (I believe the natives refer to them as McMansions) have something called "walk-in closets". Only the Gods can know what those are for....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:56:28 pm by tulsabug » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 06:03:42 pm »

I have heard rumors that their living facilities (I believe the natives refer to them as McMansions) have something called "walk-in closets". Only the Gods can know what those are for....

For walking in, of course.   Grin

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 06:21:02 pm »

"walk-in closets".

Aren't those for storing the crap that people in older houses put in their garage?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

Aren't those for storing the crap that people in older houses put in their garage?

Many older houses didn't have garages.  People had to put that stuff in the attic.  If you live in one place long enough, you have the attic, garage, and closets full of valuable possessions. 

Cheesy

dbacks fan
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 09:33:43 pm »

Many older houses didn't have garages.  People had to put that stuff in the attic.  If you live in one place long enough, you have the attic, garage, and closets full of valuable possessions. 

Cheesy

Speaking of stuff........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac[/youtube]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org